The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Biomedical sciences at Imperial difficult to get into?

Hey all, I'm thinking of applying for biomedical sciences at Imperial and was wondering whether they do/did interviews for this course previously?

Also, what are your thoughts on my chances of getting a place on this course?
The entry requirements are:
typical offer: AAA
AS-level subject (I think maths) : B
And also I'm guessing a relatively high BMAT score.

For AS-level I got BBBBA - biology, chemistry, maths, english lit and citizenship.
I got very high Bs in biology and chemistry, and a medium B in eng lit. Dropping maths as I got a low B.
Also my GCSE results where: A*A*A*AAAAAAAAABB

I've been predicted AAA for my UCAS form and feel I can achieve it if I work very hard.

What do you all think? Btw, I did my research and found they only take 50 people on for this course every year. Thanks again for reading this! :wink:
I'm about to begin my second year as a biomedical scientist at imperial :biggrin:. Since the course first opened in 2006, there have never been interviews, the BMAT was introduced for 2008 entry I think. True it's a relatively small course but this makes us a pretty tight-knit group and everyone knows each other on the course. I would say you have a pretty good chance; just get a good PS written and do well in the BMAT. Give it a shot. Good Luck!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Tibbles168
I'm about to begin my second year as a biomedical scientist at imperial :biggrin:. Since the course first opened in 2006, there have never been interviews, the BMAT was introduced for 2008 entry I think. True it's a relatively small course but this makes us a pretty tight-knit group and everyone knows each other on the course. I would say you have a pretty good chance; just get a good PS written and do well in the BMAT. Give it a shot. Good Luck!

WOW, yay. No added pressure of interviews! hahaha. Did you do a lot of like work experience prior to applying for biomedical sciences? Btw, how did you revise for the BMAT test to get such a good grade to get into Imperial? CONGRATS! Do you know what Imperial want you to get in the BMAT to be given an offer for biomed?
Reply 3
I've heard over 20.0 overall, but that is just from other threads so might not be true.
I'm appling to Imperial as well so hopefully get in! Good luck, and btw i LOVE harry potter too.....19th Nov! Woo.
Han4492
I've heard over 20.0 overall, but that is just from other threads so might not be true.
I'm appling to Imperial as well so hopefully get in! Good luck, and btw i LOVE harry potter too.....19th Nov! Woo.

hahaha. Cool. What course are you applying for at Imperial - Biomedical sciences?

Also, 20! Wow, sounds challenging...! I'm going to step up to the challenge :biggrin:
Reply 5
Yep Biomedical Sciences.

Hoping the BMAT isn't a MAJOR component of the application as I am pretty nervous and kind of suck at it when doing past papers etc. I haven't tried writing an essay yet. Keep putting it off, I will go do one now though........maybe.....

EEEk!! Good Luck x
Reply 6
do you guys know what scores we have to get for each section of BMAT (approximation) for us to have interview?
Reply 7
Original post by warrior_22
do you guys know what scores we have to get for each section of BMAT (approximation) for us to have interview?

I am hoping that for Biomedical Science the BMAT cut-off marks will be a little lower than they are for medicine. But to be honest I think they just average all the Biomedical applicants scores depending on how we all do. Thats just a guess though!
Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you.....and for me!
Reply 8
Original post by Han4492
I am hoping that for Biomedical Science the BMAT cut-off marks will be a little lower than they are for medicine. But to be honest I think they just average all the Biomedical applicants scores depending on how we all do. Thats just a guess though!
Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you.....and for me!

Thanks! All the best..
Reply 9
Original post by Tibbles168

Dear friends,

Can any of you guys tell me is Biomedical science a dirty job or not? when I was teeneger I chose Nursing but it is really a disgusting job . I am going to do new course in the UK and I do not want to make mistake again..

Any other help would be appreciated,,,
Regards,
Zari
Only 50? There's around 75 on my MSc in Biomedical Engineering at Imperial.

FML.
Well, 'was' 75. I finish on Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending