The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
It's Carnival night at The Faversham! That means lots of the freshest Latin american music including salsa, samba, reggeton etc etc.

If you're a member of the Leeds Uni Spanish Latin-American and portuguese Society or the Luso-Brasilian Society it's £1.50 entrance. Otherwise it's £3.50.

(You would never guess I'm involved with this would you :redface: )
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
its Leodis party tonight
Fleece
its Leodis party tonight

This is the first i've heard of this Leodis party...
Reply 4
I did a bit of salsa dancing back home before i came to leeds.....ok i did one lesson so im **** but i like latina girls :wink:
Reply 5
Oooh, well if you want to do more salsa we're (Spanish Latin-American and Portuguese Society) are having salsa lessons every wednesday in the refectory at 5pm starting Wednesday 12 Oct - so if you fancy taking it up again...
Reply 6
bluefang
Whats everyone doing tonight? (Tuesday 27th)

Sitting at home on my own watching TV. Aren't I exciting? :smile:
Reply 7
Lava
Oooh, well if you want to do more salsa we're (Spanish Latin-American and Portuguese Society) are having salsa lessons every wednesday in the refectory at 5pm starting Wednesday 12 Oct - so if you fancy taking it up again...

I dunno I wasnt very good :frown: I cant move my arms and feet in sync just baffles me...think i need some one on one lessons lol

you got a msn account ?
Reply 8
bluefang
I dunno I wasnt very good :frown: I cant move my arms and feet in sync just baffles me...think i need some one on one lessons lol

you got a msn account ?

I wouldn't panic - it seems to be a lot harder for guys to start off with (I think girls are more used to knowing how to move their bodies).
Reply 9
Lava
I wouldn't panic - it seems to be a lot harder for guys to start off with (I think girls are more used to knowing how to move their bodies).

Ok so i take it your a good dancer. are you latino? got any piccies?
Reply 10
Er - I can dance better than some but I've got a long way to go. No I'm not latino and no I haven't got any piccies for you :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Lava
Er - I can dance better than some but I've got a long way to go. No I'm not latino and no I haven't got any piccies for you :rolleyes:

Im happy wiv my chicken dance really but gotta learn the moves soon...do you have to pay?
Reply 12
bluefang
Im happy wiv my chicken dance really but gotta learn the moves soon...do you have to pay?

For salsa, if you're a member it's £2.50 a lesson, £3.50 if you're a non-member. It's £5 to join SLAPsoc for the whole year.

Latest