The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Applied for a deadline extension with no reply

Since this Tuesday night, I have been feeling feverish with sore throat and fatigue. I used a COVID self-testing kit and got a positive result. I did not go out and consult a doctor because I was so tired and sore, and I did not want to infect other people. I have an assignment due on Friday at 17:00 and another due next Tuesday at 12:00. I sent an email to my academic director on Wednesdaybut has not gotten a reply as of now. Could anyone suggest what I should do next?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Since this Tuesday night, I have been feeling feverish with sore throat and fatigue. I used a COVID self-testing kit and got a positive result. I did not go out and consult a doctor because I was so tired and sore, and I did not want to infect other people. I have an assignment due on Friday at 17:00 and another due next Tuesday at 12:00. I sent an email to my academic director on Wednesdaybut has not gotten a reply as of now. Could anyone suggest what I should do next?

Hi Anon,

So sorry you are so unwell, I hope you recover fast. I'd recommend double checking if your department has an official extension request form, I know as a biochemistry student I have to fill in a form for my biology assignments and contact the teaching office then do a form for chemistry. Searching "coursework extension" on the Lancaster Student Portal should bring up the specific guidance for your department.

If you're still worried maybe contact your academic tutor and let them know what's going on and ask them if there is anything else they'd recommend you doing?

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
(edited 1 month ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending