The Student Room Group

How long do you go without eating?

I read something yday saying that when people go without food for around 7/8 hours they're ravenous, and would be willing to eat the bread basket along with the bread. That just strikes me as totally bizarre.

How long do you go without eating?

Today I've had a can of coke zero and about a quarter of a fruit scone and tbh that's a lot for me. I didn't even want the scone, but it was offered. I'm not hungry at all, I probably won't eat for another 2 hours. I also haven't eaten since around 7PM last night, and this is totally normal for me. I seldom eat before like 5PM. Sometimes I go to work, 11 hour shift, won't have eaten a thing all day and when I get home at like 11PM, I still won't be particularly hungry.

I'm just seldom ever hungry I guess. :dontknow: Is this really weird? I skip lunch and breakfast, not because of any dietary reasons, but simply because I'm not at all hungry. Right now, I have absolutely zero hunger, living off a quarter of a scone and a can of zero calorie cola.
Sometimes my friends comment, like "aren't you eating?" or "I wish I could do that". But it's not willpower or anything stupid like that, I'm just not at all hungry.

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Depends whether I feel like eating or not. I might be playing on Live, in which case I won't feel the need to eat unless I get bored. In other words, if I've got something to occupy my mind, I generally don't feel the need to stuff my face and every opportunity.
I can go all day without eating.
I woke up around half 12 today, forced to eat this morning though wasn't hungry.
Drinking, however I can't last too long without drinking.
Reply 3
I can last for hours and hours, like last night I had dinner at 8pm then my next meal was lunch at about 3/4pm today.

I have gone a few days without any considerable food once when ill.
Reply 4
I pretty much eat three square meals a day but lunch is always my biggest because most of my exercise occurs during the morning and I get super hungry then. I'm always snacking on things like fruit though, which is why my dinner and breakfast is never that large and I'm not that hungry then. I also drink loads, which sort of keeps me from eating too much as well?
Fasting during Ramadan so for about 17 hours. I did that for a month and wasn't going crazy so meh (without water as well).
(edited 13 years ago)
A couple of hours at the most. I need my food fix at least once every 5 hours. Except for when I'm sleeping. Also if your eating habits are the way you say they are, then shouldn't you be really skinny?
If I drink a lot of water I can often go a day or two with no food. But sometimes I have phases where I eat loads and I'm never content, so I have kind of a crazy eating pattern...
Advanced Subsidiary
A couple of hours at the most. I need my food fix at least once every 5 hours. Except for when I'm sleeping. Also if your eating habits are the way you say they are, then shouldn't you be really skinny?

:dontknow: I'm pretty average, lost like 2 stones recently though, because I used to eat when I wasn't hungry just so that I'd be normal, whereas now I just don't. meh
(edited 13 years ago)
Scarn
Bubbles*de*Milo is obviously a fatty in denial.

Obviously.
Reply 10
I eat most things hoping it tastes as good coming out of my mouth.
I struggle to go half an hour. I'm not even joking
When i was in school I always had some candy laces or a packet of crisps for when in class. It's pretty much an addiction.
I got up at 1 today, had cereal, then I had some toast, then some biscuits, had some more cereal, came home had some bread and houmous, now I'm having spag bol with home-made garlic bread. I have to go to Tesco after this for some snacks for tonight
Jeeez, i cannot even imagine going 7 hours without food!
I probably have some sort of eating disorder tbh. :p:
Reply 12
When I'm not sleeping (obviously), about 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Food is good.
Reply 13
i eat constantly, but not alot at each time >.> im more of a grazer than your 3 meals per day type..
Bubbles*de*Milo

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?

Ive gone three days without food. Wouldn't recommend it though.
A few times, bewteen 9pm to about 8pm the next day. Because I missed eating in the morning for Ramadhan.
Never more than a few hours. Although if I'm not doing much (read: sitting in bed on the laptop) and I have a bottle of squash, I can skip breakfast and lunch except maybe a biscuit or two.
I'm slim guy but eat quite a lot but i can also go without eating although i enjoy eating. Although i can just eat breakfast and survive the whole day without anything else.
Bubbles*de*Milo
:dontknow: I'm pretty average, lost like 2 stones recently though, because I used to eat when I wasn't hungry just so that I'd be normal, whereas now I just don't. meh

Oh right, well that makes a lot of sense. However I'm sure you know you're not eating enough atm. 1/4 scone? That's like really tiny...
chemical_bex
I struggle to go half an hour. I'm not even joking
When i was in school I always had some candy laces or a packet of crisps for when in class. It's pretty much an addiction.
I got up at 1 today, had cereal, then I had some toast, then some biscuits, had some more cereal, came home had some bread and houmous, now I'm having spag bol with home-made garlic bread. I have to go to Tesco after this for some snacks for tonight
Jeeez, i cannot even imagine going 7 hours without food!
I probably have some sort of eating disorder tbh. :p:

That is odd. I can't imagine eating 32/36 times a day :lolwut:

Latest

Trending

Trending