The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Interview :smile: 2nd December! Woo!
Reply 201
Original post by Sammi22
Interview :smile: 2nd December! Woo!

CONGRATS! Are you applying for the undergraduate course? What was your UKCAt score?:biggrin:
Reply 202
Original post by teafil
CONGRATS! Are you applying for the undergraduate course? What was your UKCAt score?:biggrin:

Glasgow only do the undergraduate course. UKCAT 672.5 predicted 2:1 in Anatomy :biggrin:
Reply 203
Original post by Sammi22
Glasgow only do the undergraduate course. UKCAT 672.5 predicted 2:1 in Anatomy :biggrin:

CONGRATZ!! mine was 665 so fingers crossed
hey guys

applying to the awesomeness that is glasgow...on the off chance I might get an interview?

UKCAT 725 av...
GCSE 3A* 5A 1B
predictions A*BB....:frown:

should I just wait for the rejection?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 205
Original post by infernalcradle
hey guys

applying to the awesomeness that is glasgow...on the off chance I might get an interview?

UKCAT 725 av...
GCSE 3A* 5A 1B
predictions A*BB....:frown:

should I just wait for the rejection?

wow A*BB? that's harsh, AAB and u're guaranteed an interview
what were your AS?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
wow A*BB? that's harsh, AAB and u're guaranteed an interview
what were your AS?

AACC

dropped psychology (a)

so ACC for the ones I'm continuing to A2

do you think that cos I am over on 1 and under on the other...it'll balance out???

esp given my UKCAT and PS which are awesome (methinks :biggrin: )

although I am expecting a rejection, I would very very much like an interview
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 207
AACC

dropped psychology (a)

so ACC for the ones I'm continuing to A2

you didn't wanna drop one of the C's cos you would have been pretty much guaranteed an interview with 725 but good luck anyway
Original post by dmz
you didn't wanna drop one of the C's cos you would have been pretty much guaranteed an interview with 725 but good luck anyway

the Cs were in bio and chem.....and I sort of need those for medicine
Reply 209
the Cs were in bio and chem.....and I sort of need those for medicine

oh right yer, true, some uni only care about chem tho...i don't really know tbh
Reply 210
according to the admissions person, the way things are looking this year, the cut off is expected to be around 2600. (see my previous post for full details :P)
:smile:
Reply 211
got an interview letter this Morning :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 212
Original post by dmz
got an interview letter this Morning :biggrin::biggrin:

Wow... gratz! Do they only send out interview letters by post? D: I'm an international student and Aberdeen's acknowledgement letter took 12 days to arrive lol.

Btw, anyone know if they've started offering interviews to international students yet?
Interview letter arrived today. 16th of December.

Apparently that's universal interview week for me.
Finally an interview from somewhere... Glasgow is now officially my best friend.
Interview date is 20/01/11 but i have an exam on that day so will have to ring in!
:biggrin:
im desperate for an interview!!!

applied from school, but never got in :frown: so reapplying this year! Glasgow said they would consider my application with as much merit as other applicants, but prefernce would be given to school leavers/postgrads :frown: (im already at uni...)

im hoping my grades (AAAAA and AAA), ukcat (2810) and my work experience etc will help me out :biggrin:

ps, well done guys for interviews!
Reply 216
INTERVIEW!! YAYYYYYYYY 18th January! Buzzing!
Reply 217
Original post by Peaco9
INTERVIEW!! YAYYYYYYYY 18th January! Buzzing!

Congrats! What was your UKCAT score?
Reply 218
Original post by Shellfish002
Finally an interview from somewhere... Glasgow is now officially my best friend.
Interview date is 20/01/11 but i have an exam on that day so will have to ring in!
:biggrin:

Congrats:smile: what was your UKCAT score?:rolleyes:
Reply 219
Original post by Vulpes
Wow... gratz! Do they only send out interview letters by post? D: I'm an international student and Aberdeen's acknowledgement letter took 12 days to arrive lol.

Btw, anyone know if they've started offering interviews to international students yet?

it seems so. if your UKCAT is 665 or higher. Should probably start preparing for interview. Assuming international students are scored the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending