The Student Room Group

Second time applying to UCAS

Hi!

Last year I began studying Medicine at Glasgow Uni, but realised I would actually much rather study a biological sciences degree. I decided to withdraw from the course this year.

I am now starting my second UCAS application but it is obviously very different this time as I am not applying directly from school and therefore have far less support.

I don't have any work experience in the biology field but I had lab experience whilst studying medicine, so I thought this would be useful to mention. My question is, how do I mention this in my personal statement without making it sound like I'm not committed to the subject? I feel like if I mention the fact I previously studied medicine, they will wonder why I am not anymore and will think I was never interested in biology at all, which isn't the case.

Please, anyone who has withdrew from a course and applied to another, how did you get around this?
You need to list your previous study at Glasgow in your education section.

It’s up to you whether to talk about your reasons for leaving medicine in your PS or whether to focus on your interest in life sciences instead. Life science degrees are academic so you don’t need work experience in your PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending