The Student Room Group

Uni Choices Help-History

Hello, I am having trouble with choosing universities to study history at. I prefer the Scottish modular system but I'm open to other options..

So far I'm looking at
St Andrews AAB
Cardiff AAB
Queens Belfast (my local one) ABB
and then possibly edinburgh (BBB but they look for much higher??)or glasgow (AAA)..

My problem is I really want to go away for Uni but all the above choices are relatively high grade entries. St Andrews would be my first choice. I really like Cardiff too but If I were to get an offer from St A theres no point putting it as insurance because its the same grades. I need somewhere with lower grades but still good reputation (if possible)

Oh I got 4 A's at AS level. Currently doing 3 subjects aiming for at least 3As

ALL HELP APPRECIATED :smile:
Reply 1
I don't think you would have a problem with any of them, seeing as you got A's across the board at A-Level. Are you being predicted 3 A's? Besides, you've got entry requirements with a few B's in, so they're not all the highest in the UK. Would you consider English unis? And what type of History are you interested in studying, i.e. British, modern, medieval, etc?
Reply 2
Hello thanks for the reply :smile:
Well I think I'm predicted 3A's they haven't told us but I don't see how they could predict me something lower.
Well I'm particularly interested in Scotland (and Cardiff) due to the opportunity to study other subjects in the first couple of years...but if any England offer something similiar then I would consider them. I'm mostly interested in modern history.
The thing is St Andrews would be my firm which leaves me unsure about my insurance I need somewhere thats away from home but less than AAB? Or should I just push myself to ensure I get the grades I need for St Andrews (if they were to give me an offer)

Latest

Trending

Trending