The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Take every financial paper you have - letters from Student Finance Service, things related to your bank account, etc. You might not need them but it doesn't hurt and if you do need them and don't have them it really sucks.
Do you think we really need to take passports? My parents say it isn't worth it because it might get stolen...
Reply 3
Well I don't think you *need* a passport. I mean, plenty of people dont have one. I don't.

I would strongly reccomend having a passport or drivers liscence, however. I have neither, and I've had to go through piles of hassle with banks etc who won't believe I am who I say I am because I don't have `proper` photo ID. Got my account frozen once. Luckily, after multiple trips to the bank, I managed to persuade them to accept my uni card as ID. If they hadnt taken that< i don't know what they'd have done. Just kept my money indefinately?

Anyway, sorry for digressing. Don't need a passport, but its very useful if you don't have a drivers liscence.
Ive also had to use a birth cirtificate for ID a few times, for various things. Might be worth taking one.
i read somewhere, you need to bring the letter stating your unconditional offer after you got your results, so maybe bring that? :smile:
pinstriped.flower
Do you think we really need to take passports? My parents say it isn't worth it because it might get stolen...

Do you have alternative ID? You will find it a severe pain in the arse getting served in pubs and clubs (or even getting into them in the first place) if you don't have any ID whatsoever. If you have a driving licence though, that should suffice.
(edited 13 years ago)
*pitseleh*
Do you have alternative ID? You will find it a severe pain in the arse getting served in pubs and clubs (or even getting into them in the first place) if you don't have any ID whatsoever. If you have a driving licence though, that should suffice.

Yes I have my drivers license as well, so that should be fine.
Reply 7
If you applied after you got your A2 results you'll probably need to take your A Level certificates so they can verify your qualifications too :smile:
Reply 8
Do we need to take our results certificates? I don't know where all mine are... (and they know our grades through UCAS anyway?) :o:.
Reply 9
Im pretty sure I never needed mine.
If you're a medic you need your offer letter from the college for the CRB check.
Isabobble
Do we need to take our results certificates? I don't know where all mine are... (and they know our grades through UCAS anyway?) :o:.

I'm a bit worried about that. All I have are the little bits of paper that initially reveal your grade, but they all have "THIS IS NOT A CERTIFICATE" on and I don't have a clue where any of the real ones are. I gave them to my dad to scan in when I got them and that's the last I saw of them... And he hasn't scanned them, either.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending