The Student Room Group

How hard to get into London University after undergrad degree?

Say I went to a university such as Nottingham or Sussex for computer science, to do a BSc.

If I got a 2:1 (average required for most MSc's), and wanted to apply for an MSc in London, would I stand a chance? Or would they prefer graduates from other UoL places over Nottingham/Sussex?

I only ask, as I would like to study in London, but don't think I'll get the A-Levels, thus wondering if there's any chance in my future should I choose to pursue a Msc I'd get a place.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
From what i've heard before, they don't really care where you got it from ,as long as you get a decent grade. But I may have been told wrong.
Reply 2
It's extremely rare for you to even have to write down your A-Level results for Masters applications, so I wouldn't worry about that. Don't worry about Nottingham or Sussex either - neither university will make it more difficult to get into London, it's just about your undergrad grades / references / statements and proposals.
Reply 3
Dann
Don't worry about Nottingham or Sussex either - neither university will make it more difficult to get into London, it's just about your undergrad grades / references / statements and proposals.

:ditto:

You will be at no more a disadvantage graduating from Nottingham and Sussex than Imperial, UCL or KCL.

University name has little to no relevance. You need to be aiming for a good 2:1 degree, ideally an average of 65 or so.

There is still obviously an element of competition. Few can expect to just walk into a masters (with funding) but Nottingham or Sussex will do just fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending