The Student Room Group

Can I connect a PS3 to the internet in Uni halls?

Hi there, i know i could connect my computer up but would i be able to connect my PS3 to the internet in halls? Im either going to a ethernet or Wi-Fi enabled university, any tips? Cheers
Reply 1
Depends on the university, for example sussex block ps3 and xbox
If you have to manually register devices, no. If it's open access providing you have a username and password, maybe, but it depends if they block gaming ports.
LOL you're going to base your decision on a university on whether they have wi fi or not ... LOL !!!
The majority of universities are WiFi capable, and same with internet in halls. Don't base your university on this. It's stupid.
Reply 5
kiwietnana
LOL you're going to base your decision on a university on whether they have wi fi or not ... LOL !!!

He merely asked whether it's possible.

It's not like he said "Does X university let you connect a PS3 to the internet in their university halls because if they don't I'm not going to go there"

DERRPPP.
Reply 6
Coda
He merely asked whether it's possible.

It's not like he said "Does X university let you connect a PS3 to the internet in their university halls because if they don't I'm not going to go there"

DERRPPP.

Thank you!
Its just something I'd like to know, some people!
Reply 7
I had this when I came to Essex uni. Here if you want to go online with a console, you need to register your ps3 mac address & then you can access Internet with Ethernet. I guess it depends on the uni and whether they allow you to use the Internet for games! Hope this helped:smile:
Reply 8
penny-x
I had this when I came to Essex uni. Here if you want to go online with a console, you need to register your ps3 mac address & then you can access Internet with Ethernet. I guess it depends on the uni and whether they allow you to use the Internet for games! Hope this helped:smile:

Thanks! Your much more helpful than other people here, unfortunalty essex isnt one of my choices :smile:
It's dependent on each uni. All i know is what's already been stated.

Sussex uni on campus = no xbox live or platstation online...
Reply 10
I can't seem to get mine to connect, but it does say on the website that they actually allow consoles on.. Entered in the MAC address and still not working. Know anyone who actually got it to work?
Reply 11
I can barely get my computer to connect to this awful thing they call Wi-Fi, good luck...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending