The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Biology- :s-smilie:
Physics- :smile:
Chemistry- :s-smilie:
Reply 41
Charlottie93
They wont look down on you don't worry, I took a gap year between GCSEs and A-levels because I wasn't ready for them so I got a job earned some money then went back to college which now I'm ready for and absolutely LOVING!!!!

History = :yep:
Law =:woo:
Politics = :cool:
English Language = :smile:

By 'politics', do you mean the subject government and politics?
I'm doing AS at sixth form, so far, not too bad.

Chemistry - Fairly difficult, but I can cope. I've always been good at it.
Maths - Boring, repetitive, but I think I'll do ok. Probably won't do A2.
Physics - Pretty interesting. Not too difficult atm, but I've got a feeling it's gonna get much harder.
Geography - Probably my favourite subject. Pretty easy, interesting, looking forward to fieldwork and the like.

Overall, not too bad. They're mostly difficult subjects, but I think I'll do ok provided I do what everyone else does.
Maths = I have some brilliant teachers and finding loads of chapters really easy. Some are harder though.

French = Easy seeing as I speak the frickin' language! hehe

Economics = Not that exciting right now as we're doing graphs and theory but my teachers are great and it seems to be getting more interesting as we start to apply stuff. Pretty easy for now :smile:

Geography = Actually quite interesting! Quite a bit of homework but the teachers seem to be good and the course isn't boring. I can't tell whether it's that difficult or not for now...but I seem to be keeping up!

GovPol = The most interesting of my subjects. Loads of fun and I actually look forward to every lesson. Love watching Newsnight knowing that I'm actually doing 'homework' :tongue:

Critical Thinking = Waaaay too easy it's so boring. Hoping we start some debates some time soon :biggrin:

---

Overall = Loving it, loving my teachers, loving the new school I'm at, loving the curriculum, loving the subjects. Love it :biggrin:
W.H.T
By 'politics', do you mean the subject government and politics?

Most probably! 'Government & Politics' is the only subject relating to Politics at A-Level :yep:
Maths = Not too bad, some parts are a little hard but can cope with it :smile:

Physics = Horrible and can't wait to drop the subject in Year 13 :mad:

Economics = A lot to remember but I am enjoying it and doesn't seem too difficult which I thought it would've been :smile:

History = Again, a lot to remember but still enjoying it a lot :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
laura94
Well I dropped economics straight away to do maths instead. But now I wish I'd swapped drama for maths instead and kept economics. Sad times. Anyway:

English Lit:
Good, much more interesting than gcse but I really can't stand one of my teachers - and she's made it quite apparent she can't stand me either after hearing what kind of books I like reading - Apparently anything other than period dramas aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Philosophy: I love it! Mega loads! I have found my calling in life :P
Maths: I'm really glad I picked maths up again after a 2 year break. I was really worried after having done Additional Maths in year 10 and getting an E, after which I dropped maths altogether. But it's going well so far!
Drama: :l So boring. Haven't had a single practical lesson so far, but hopefully it will get better. Pretty certain I'll be dropping it at the end of AS though. If I weren't doing shows outside of college I think I'd be dead by now.

I like all my subjects (with the exception of drama, which I hope I will start to like soon)
but I have to say if I was deciding now after spending a few weeks at college I would've done Late History, Philosophy, Economics and Maths.
Oh well! I think I might do AS economics alongside 3 A2s in second year, as at the moment I'm thinking of doing a joint degree in philosophy and economics.
Does anyone know what my chances will be of getting an offer to study economics without having it as a full a-level? If I do some outside reading on the subject to express my interest...

economics A level or AS is not a must at any university however maths is, and further maths is looked on favourably
:s-smilie: Loving it!!! So glad I'm done with chemistry, maths, physics and further maths are awesome now, I know I'm going into school for three lessons I actually like :biggrin:

That sounds quite nerdy really, doesn't it? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
Awesomesauce
Physics: Fairly straight forward to grasp, but when the questions are presented, much harder due to the nature of the wording and description. Favourite!
Maths: It's going ok. Just need to practice and don't make rookie errors. Favourite!
Chemistry: It is quite easy so far. 100x better than GCSE, but triple science helped a lot.
Economics: Pretty boring. Lots to remember. Only subject I havn't started doing extra work/revision on. Motivation required.

this is exactly how i feel about physics! although it isn't my favourite...

i never thought i'd say it but... i love love love chemistry! it is by far my favourite science. even beats biology, which was always my favourite subject.
Maths: fine, kinda dull
Futher.Math: Stats is intreasting, ive always been a fan of prob.
Physics: Dull. Its like oddly worded easy math.
Chem; slow but should pcik up after orbitals are started.
Bio: Basic biology. Alot of facts. Alot of funny names to laugh at.

Maths is def the most intresting thus far, but we will see.
Reply 50
History: Sexy
Biology: Sexy but hard
Chemistry: Sexy but hard
Physics: Just hard
I'm doing Forensic science and its pretty ok, apart from the physics side of it!! Trouble is, its a BTEC National Diploma and even though it is equivelant to 3 A levels, many uni's will not accept it. =(
Reply 52
Biology - :smile:
Graphics - :smile:
Maths - :frown:
Physics - :confused:
Physics: Really interesting, it's quite hard but I think I'm coping so far
Maths: Pretty dull, because I did 2 FSMQs it's just going though stuff I already knew
Further Maths: FP1 is interesting but D1 is really boring
History: Interesting, but I'm getting loads of essays. I don't know how I'd cope if I did any more than one essay subject! :p:
Reply 54
DamonWilson
Just the 3? what you looking to do at university and where?

Well 3 A2's, yeah. I dropped AS Geography last year :smile:

I'm hoping to do Maths at uni, possibly UCL, Bristol, Southampton, Notts & Exeter :smile:

What about you?
(edited 13 years ago)
A2 is a noticeable step up from AS that's for sure!

Psychology - easy
Theatre Studies - easy
Biology - slightly harder
Chemistry - pretty much the same as last year, not too bad :yep:
F Maths - Awesome
Physics - Awesome
Chemistry - Awesome
Reply 57
DamonWilson
Just revived my old TSR account and wanna know how you are all finding AS/A2. I'm back in education again studying Math, FM, Physics and Economics + Business all AS.
Procrastination was on the high so I'm going to try and keep active on here as a way of keeping me motivated.

I was wonder if universities are going to look down on me because I dropped out of college last year even if I get good grades? (A*AA/B)

Politics :love:
Law :love:
Economics :woo:
English Language :sigh:
This year I'm doing A2 physics and A2 Chemistry, AS and A2 Further Maths. I did AS and A2 Maths in my first year and found it fairly easy.

Further Maths - I found FP1 very easy, FP2 is going well so far, M2 is quite easy but I hate S2.
Physics - It's been quite easy and enjoyable so far.
Chemistry - It's going fairly well at the moment, it's probably my weakest of the subjects I take.
Reply 59
I really enjoy all my MAIN subjects.

English I find the easiest. Probably because I have a weird tendancy to enjoy writing essays.
Psychology I love it. Effort sometimes but worth it.
Biology. I find it really interesting and love learning it. However I find this the hardest, and exam questions can get a bit grrrr.
Critical Thinking. I'd rather not do it. I hope it comes in handy
Asdan. I don't know what it is. But I was forced to do it and I hope it comes in handy too.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest