The Student Room Group

box files v.s. ring binder v.s. lever arch files

How am I meant to know which one to chose? I don't even understand what a box file is...
It doesn't really matter what you choose as long as it works for you, there's no right way. Most people use ring binders or lever arch files though. :smile:
Whichever suit your usage. I use all of them for different purposes. Box files for "old" things or long term storage (e.g. important documents), lever arch files for my main consolidated notes, ring binders for day to day stuff when carrying them around before transferring to a lever arch. You can get by with ring binders alone if you don't mind getting quite a few (as you can fit more things in a lever arch, they "fill up" faster).

A box file is just a roughly A4 shaped shallow box, effectively. I mostly just use it to keep stuff I can't/don't want to throw out yet, mostly just stuck under my bed unless I need to pull them out to find a particular document.

No need or point buying all of them if you don't have a specific use/need for them though. Just buy what you need for now and if you find that one of the others later, get it as and when :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending