The Student Room Group

Stupid immature kids and vandals are ruining the protest

Blocking off roads in the busiest part of London, Attacking bookstores, attacking a Tescos, graffiting Nelsons' column at trafalgar square, indsicriminately attacking police and throwing stuff at them

well done, The lib dems are definetely going to increase tuition fees now, figuring that future university students will need even better education as they can clearly see so many of them are complete morons nowadays and some of the most the violent and immature ones not getting the point seem to be the future students, go figure

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
think you meaned "definitely" bro dude also wat are you even protestanting abiut?
This facebook status just about sums those kids up.

"2day was mad
tp, qc, L blockz.
(Protest)
man got liked up by da fed lool"

I couldn't even interpret what that meant.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
youre retraded! youve been traded again and again. and youre retarded. tarded over and over. use your linguistical intooition to figure that ///////today was mad [cool, exsighting]//they blocked some stuff//there was a protest//someone got locked up by the po-lease, which is funny/////////////
Original post by jolteon
think you meaned "definitely" bro dude also wat are you even protestanting abiut?

think you meaned "meant" bro
Original post by jolteon
youre retraded! youve been traded again and again. and youre retarded. tarded over and over. use your linguistical intooition to figure that ///////today was mad [cool, exsighting]//they blocked some stuff//there was a protest//someone got locked up by the po-lease, which is funny/////////////

If you're representative of our future generations, we're screwed.
Reply 6
Original post by Bektas

Hell tuition fees should cost more, if that = better education for such future students that don't seem to know what they're doing and think mindless violence and hooliganism gets people on your side
Reply 7
Original post by TK2 King Pin
think you meaned "meant" bro

yo man just wanted to tell you that i don't know and i can;t help here.
I don't really think they are messing it up. I don't agree with it but look at the news and all you see is student protest. I don't think we would get that coverage if it was a nice peaceful thing. This is making the government think at least. I don't mind either way, I think it is a bad decision but look forward to the idea of less people deciding to go to university just to have fun :/.
Reply 9
Original post by Bektas

yup. we're all screwed. if you accept the fact it makes life a lot more enjoyable! it allows you take pleasure in mocking people like- like you.
These protests are getting really boring now. Rather than trashing the city at the taxpayers expense why don't they just protest loudly, but peacefully outside parliment? Clearly they're lefty loonies who have got a taste of anarchism and just want MOAR. They don't actually care about the issue at hand at all :colonhash:
Original post by jolteon

PLEASE tell me you weren't seriously playing the Grammar Nazi with this post :lol: :hahaha: :rofl:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Hell tuition fees should cost more, if that = better education for such future students that don't seem to know what they're doing and think mindless violence and hooliganism gets people on your side

Yeah all clever young poor people are hooligans
What sort of "students" would attack bookstores? :mad:

They should direct their anger at the right places, attacking public monuments and shops is typical of anarchist extremists.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rugbyladosc
Yeah all clever young poor people are hooligans

And you're saying that, not me
yeah
(edited 13 years ago)
there will always be a small number of people that ruin it in any protest as large as these, the fact that they are students is irrelevant in connection with the violence.
Obviously the media filter everything; not broadcasting the peaceful scenes or the violence of the police: http://anticuts.com/2010/11/26/the-images-the-media-wont-show/
(shocking considering the amount of young school children that were there that particular day)
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
What sort of "students" would attack bookstores? :mad:

They should direct their anger at the right places, attacking public monuments and shops is typical of anarchist extremists.

you have to be realistic, not every student is morally angelic, there are idiots in the world, you can't judge a majority on a minority.
'In Manchester on Oxford Road, the police used considerable force to kettle protesters, so that peaceful demonstrators had no choice but to be thrust into a throng of angry and frightened people. People were packed shoulder to shoulder, frightened and unable to see what was happening. The police then charged their horses into the MIDDLE of the crowd they had created and people were screaming and trying, but unable, to run away,in complete shock. A 16 year old school girl who was kettled by the police had her ankle broken by one of the horses.

'
Well what are people SUPPOSED to do?? Yes, protests cause inconvenience, but it can't be any other way. A COMPLETELY peaceful protest would gain no media attention whatsoever. A violent protest gets media attention but everyone gets looked down upon, and the media just labels everyone as anarchists. Surely occupation, blockades, etc (not smashing things up though) are the only method?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending