The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Conditional Offer from City University London - Help ?

Hi all,

I sent my UCAS a while ago to study Journalism at 5 universities,and so far have 3 offers which i'm really happy about! =)
First i got a conditional from University of West England (Bristol) then a conditional from City University London, which I was over the moon about because it's my first choice!! =D And now a conditional from Hertfordshire too.
BUT! Today i looked at the conditions and they all seem alright but City want AAB, what I want to know is - say if i don't get AAB exactly but I do have 340 UCAS points or over, will they still accept it?! I did just email them about it but they said it will be a late reply.

It's playing on my mind and i just really want to know if i still have a chance to honest, i'll be well done in if they strictly want the grades but i don't get them however get the same amount of points! I reckon I will be able to get an A in Media Studies and an A in Film Studies hopefully, but HISTORY!?! lol i'll be lucky is that's a C, and then i asked about DeFS which i should be getting a B in, and also i have an E in English Lit AS. So as you can see getting over 340 points doesn't seem like a problem to me, but the AAB part seems daunting!

Thanks if anyone can be bothered to reply and has any idea about this :') Would be great if someone at City could tell me they got in via points despite not getting AAB :P <3
Reply 1
usually if an offer includes grades, they specifically require you to achieve them...
however once they receive ur grades and if you've just slipped by a slight margin they might still let you in if they're generouss...
keep your hopes high!!! you'll do well... :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
AAB means AAB, some of mine they even state ABB in X Y X subjects, whichs means I got no choice but to get the grades if i want to get using that requirement thankfully sheffield also offer AAB in any subjects i like so gen studies should tide me over (if worst comes to worst and i have to choose sheffield that is)

Uni's will give you a points requirement if they want you to accumulate it in points in any combination you like, but again they do set some sort of limits, since i know reading if i get the offer are likely to offer 360 points from 3A2s and 1AS, or 340 from 3A2s, so as long as i get a c at AS or above I'm at a a gain, but i cant just choose to get 360 points by doing 4-5 subjects, since theres limits or anyone could get the requirements for oxford/cambridge by just getting lots and lots of Bs or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending