The Student Room Group

Accepted on a MSc City University of London! When do I show my diploma?

I recently got a conditional offer for an MSc degree at the City University of London on condition that I scan my degree certificate.

I graduated years from a Latin American university that's infamous for the slowness of its bureaucracy. Despite much trying, I still don't have a diploma.

I'm optimistic that I might get some document in the next 3 to 6 months. Do universities generally wait that much to get the official documents? In the worst case scenario, can I start the course without having official documents showing that I graduated?

I currently have a final transcript, that shows that I finished all my undergrad courses and my thesis (but not that I have a diploma).
Reply 1
Have you shared the transcript with the University of London? If not, I'd scan and share that and see whether it's enough (explaining why there is no certificate) without the formal certificate.

It is likely they won't let you start the course unless you can prove you passed your diploma, as your acceptance is presumably based on the sucessful completion of that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending