The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sasquatch116
I graduated with a first in biomed in 2015 and since have been working as a BMS in virology, microbiology and eventually biochemistry - if you guys have any questions then just ask!

I don’t know what to do after becoming an undergraduate in biomedical science. Any advice you can give me?
Hi, I have an offer for biomedical science at University of Brighton but, I've never visited the city and haven't secured my accommodation yet. Has anyone done biomed from Brighton? if so, what do you think of it? Also, what do you think of the university as a whole?

Any help would be much appreciated!! :smile:
Hi all,
Just wondering- has anyone ever had a degree in human biology (from the university of Birmingham) assessed by the IBMS? If so were there many top-up modules and what was the cost? Just trying to decide whether it’s worth parting with the £275/ if I can afford the extra modules, any information would be appreciated,

Thanks for your time :smile:
Heys guys.

I'm a final year biomed student currently working on my thesis.... literally a nightmare!
Original post by confused soul
I don’t know what to do after becoming an undergraduate in biomedical science. Any advice you can give me?

Hey!

Was your course IBMS accredited and did you do a placement year? Any info would be great thanks :smile:
Original post by Sharon0309
Hey!

Was your course IBMS accredited and did you do a placement year? Any info would be great thanks :smile:

im going to start uni this year and the course is IBMS accredited and i am planning on doing a placement year.
Reply 946
Hi! I’m currently in my final year, but I’m still very unsure of what I plan to do after graduating. I have considered going straight to working towards HCPC registration, but I’m considering studying further.

I’ve developed a great interest in both Haematology and Immunology throughout my 3 years here. I’ve looked at a few masters courses, clinical Immunology MSc seems to be at the top of my list so far.

But I wanted to ask if anyone knows how this could help with jobs? Would this open more doors for me?

I also wanted to ask if there’s any other way of becoming a clinical scientist other than through NHS STP?

Any advice would be highly appreciated 😊
Original post by WhatTheFunk
i'm a biomed student :puppyeyes: final year where all the work is

Hey, I want to become a biomediacal engineer/scientist. What GCSE's will be useful for this?

Latest

Trending

Trending