The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science @ ARU

Anyone doing Biomedical science / any other courses @ ARU Cambridge? I'm going to join this year and wanted to make new friends :smile:

I'm also a bit nervous since this is my first time making new friends (yes, I stuck with the same friends since primary school throughout secondary)
Original post by __syntaxerror__
Anyone doing Biomedical science / any other courses @ ARU Cambridge? I'm going to join this year and wanted to make new friends :smile:

I'm also a bit nervous since this is my first time making new friends (yes, I stuck with the same friends since primary school throughout secondary)

Hi!

While I am not at ARU, I was in the same position as you when I started uni but I found that most people didn't really know anyone at uni and therefore people were very open so it was easier to make friends than I expected! I would suggest going to as many things as you can in the first few weeks, from society taster sessions to going to coffee with someone from your course. You'll get to meet lots of different people and see who you click with. Societies specifically are a great way to meet people as you will likely be doing an activity and have a shared interest!

Hope you enjoy your time at ARU!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Reply 2

i am going here to do the same course in sept! hope to see you there
Original post by laylaj1210
i am going here to do the same course in sept! hope to see you there

Yay! :smile:
Reply 4

im doing the same and idk anyone else who is doing this course either so i will be in the same position too dw
Heyy yes I am ! x

Hiya,

Welcome to ARU! We shall see you when term starts in September 💙💛

The first few weeks of term will be getting to know your classmates, the course, and really settling into life at ARU. We are sure you’ll start to chat with people when you get here, and start to feel more comfy.

For first year students joining us, we will also match you with a welcome buddy someone who will be a familiar face on campus and help settle you into university. More info can be found on our Welcome Buddy webpages 😊

Let us know if you have any queries before you join us Otherwise, we will see you very soon!

Jemma
Original post by aisha_ali
im doing the same and idk anyone else who is doing this course either so i will be in the same position too dw

hii :smile:

hii i will also be starting biomedical sciences at aru cambridge :smile:
hi guys is everyone starting in September or Jan?
sep
Original post by salinahenley
hi guys is everyone starting in September or Jan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending