The Student Room Group

What did you learn in 2010?

Scroll to see replies

That I actually can help make people feel better and if I stopped being a little **** to everyone, I can help improve other's lives.
I learnt that Islam is the right path. I learnt that one should not commit sins. I learnt that you should be thankful for everything you have!
That boys are silly. :tongue:

And that I really should have tried mince pies years ago!:biggrin:
Reply 23
I have a half brother...:frown:
Reply 24
> Friendships are temporary, don't expect too much.

> Don't lie. You'll need to tell 10 more lies to cover up a single lie.

> Cheesecake tastes beautiful.
I learnt that anything that can go wrong in life will go wrong, and alcohol is the solution when **** happens
I learnt that the most rash decisions, can be the best ones. And that love over a long distance is ****ing difficult, but it really does make the heart grow fonder. And also things can improve, and you can fight things of which you cannot help. Sometimes you need some guidance but it can make all the difference.
Reply 27
I learned that every sequence has a monotonic subsequence. It was awesome.
Reply 28
I've learnt that I'm turning into a grumpy old man very very rapidly.
And that I can be difficult to get on with. I managed to learn that one all on my own, without people telling me so too :smile:

I also learnt that solihull is the car insurance fraud capital of the UK :awesome:
Reply 29
Walkers crisps always go out of date on a Saturday.
Reply 30
Alcohol can cause you a ****load of problems.
If you man up and try something you don't think you can do you'd be surprised.
Give a decent bloke body armour, a nightstick and a shield and they'll beat the crap out of you even if you're civil to them. (Riot police are ****ers, don't trust them)
How to scuba dive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
That nothing in life ever goes how you'd like it; planning is futile.

Edit: planning, or having any hopes/aspirations, is futile.
(edited 13 years ago)
I learnt you can't truly appreciate something until it's gone, heartbreak hurts like hell, my town's nightlife is s***e compared to unis, how to become the best jagerbomb maker in my town, TSR is a great way way to do not a lot, and much more :yep:
Oh and if I have cider, jagerbombs, sambuca and lager I will turn up to work drunk and not remember the night before :colone:
Life can be reeeeally unfair sometimes.
Reply 34
That vienetta is bloody gorgeous?
Reply 35
I learnt how meaningless our lives are and how death is the absolute end.

Happy New YEAR!
Original post by Addzter
Well, go on.

To always take my own advice. I learnt the hard way, several times, this year.
Reply 37
I learnt that the strategy of not studying at all is good for Intermediate, Higher and Advanced Higher exams, but will quickly disintegrate if applied to university education. I also learnt how to play the guitar and the bongos.
I learned that not every love story is a fairytale, that im better and confident when im on my own, to make decisions for myself no matter how big and hard it is and that sometimes life is just unfair.
Reply 39
I learnt that it feels good to love yourself. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending