The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skaiyote
:yy: thanks. Looks like i'll have to borrow my cousins membership.

Oops. I have made a mistake. You're talking about the Premier League match aren't you? Tickets go on sale to red members on 1st April. Sorry :colondollar:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got back in.

I was impressed by Chamakh's work rate tonight more than anything else from the team.

Also, an excellent finish by Clichy - hard to believe that's only his second-ever goal for the club!
Reply 5322
Brilliant response from Sunday. Now we need to carry the momentum to Sunderland, and take it one game at a time from there.

It should be three games in nine days for our first team now.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Oops. I have made a mistake. You're talking about the Premier League match aren't you? Tickets go on sale to red members on 1st April. Sorry :colondollar:.

:no: fa cup
Original post by Abiraleft
Brilliant response from Sunday. Now we need to carry the momentum to Sunderland, and take it one game at a time from there.

It should be three games in nine days for our first team now.

Nine days? :erm:
Original post by Skaiyote
:no: fa cup

Oh. Then I made no mistake :cool:. 4th of this month it is.
Reply 5326
Original post by Kevmeister
Nine days? :erm:

Sorry, eight days. The point is, as someone said, they should 'man up and play them all.' :yep:
Reply 5327
Wenger is targeting Blackburn's game after the international break for Rvp return. (Definitely not before)

So, he will definitely miss the next four games - Sunderland at home on Saturday plus consecutive away trips to Barcelona, Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion. Arsenal's first fixture after the international break is a home game against Blackburn on April 2.
Only concerned about the league games -- that means he'll miss Sunderland (H) and WBA (A). You would think we'd have enough but in a sprint race now every game carries a lot of pressure.

Really hope Nikolas Bergkamp develops a first touch soon. It's also quite frustrating knowing you have a player like Arshavin who could so easily decide to turn up and blitz the opposition in a way nobody else in the team can but just cannot be ****ed. What an irritating fat bastard.
Reply 5329
WBA game is away, but we have 1 week rest in between the ManU game. The Sunderland game is at home but we only have 2/3 days rest, so it just depends on how the current players cope with it as only fabregas will return.
(edited 13 years ago)
I FEEL so depressed ever since Arsenal lost to Birmingham...

So bad
I had a test the next day and I started crying in the exam . : (

No need to tell me but i know Arsenal is my insane obsession.
Should we Defend like inter and jam Barca's midfield or risk our CL by attacking ?
Reply 5332
Original post by Arsenal4lif
Should we Defend like inter and jam Barca's midfield or risk our CL by attacking ?

We are risking doing it both ways. A fine balanced is needed, somehow. :moon:
How can Eboue say now that bentdner has a hat trick his confidence has increased. Bentdner's confidence has always been at 11 haha
Original post by jit987
We are risking doing it both ways. A fine balanced is needed, somehow. :moon:

True

Our strength lies in counter attack to be honest but we are missing Walcott and RVP : (
I am not sure how we are going to pull this off :' (
It's going to be very tough without Walcott in particular, he's the only one that's ever prepared to run in behind. Arshavin does it sometimes but other than that we will probably struggle to break Barca down. Like Wenger said though, every game from now until the end of the season will be like a cup game, even the league games we can't afford to drop silly pointsnow like we have throughout the season. Really against Barca we just have to give it a go and go for the away goals, when we sit back and just try to defend we can't even hold onto 4 goal leads, let alone a narrow 1 goal lead against the best team in the world.
And still all the talk is about the Barca game. **** that, there's a massive game league coming up and we're missing Fabregas, Song, Van Persie, Walcott, Vermaelen, and probably Koscielny. Same ****, different season. Ramsey will probably be in the squad. I'd start a Ramsey, Diaby, Wilshere midfield but you can expect Denilson to start ahead of Aaron.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-may-return-for-sunderland
I thought song would be back?
Song hadn't had a check up then but he's missing Sunderland. Cardiff fans have been raving about Ramsey and one said he should definitely start. I actually reckon he'll start ahead of Denilson for the midfield Overmars suggested. That midfield would certainly be creative although I would worry about the defensive side (Diaby tracking back? :s-smilie:)
Interesting to see if Niklas gets a more central role for the game as well. Chamakh will obviously start due to how many injuries we have and while I know Niklas has to play right since Chamakh can't play on the wing, I think he should be allowed to come in more.
Reply 5339
It will either be Chamakh/Bendtner as the main striker, suported by Nasri and Arshravin. But the mystery is in the mid-field area; Wilshere/Diaby/Denilson/Ramsey/Rosicky, 3/5 needs to be picked with Wilshere one of them.

Latest