The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7060
Original post by Abiraleft

Thanks. What about physically? Did he look sharp/off?

Sorry for the late reply, he seemed pretty quick on and off the ball. Couldn't really judge much of his physical strength because after all, he was against a Spanish defence. But I suppose he has returned to his physical peak after a year of recovering, hopefully.

A question that's been asked before, but still an interesting one: does Wenger misuse the captain's armband? Thoughts?

Yes.

Rosicky has had it on.

Enough said.

The strict order should be Fabregas > van Persie > Nasri.

Original post by RobbieC
You're a mediocre, pathetic WUM. I've been around long enough to know exactly how this will go, and have no intention of allowing you - a worthless little person - to leech away my precious time.

You are deluded, you do not understand football and you do not have a clue about Arsenal.

Don't bother replying. I cease to acknowledge your existence.

See? Typical AKB. When asked to justify support Wenger apart from his financial credentials, the typical AKB will simply push you under the carpet as a WUM.

Robbie, insults don't hurt me in real life or on the Internet. Must try harder.

P.S. And to think you're the leader of Arsenal society :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7061
rhinger
Yes.

Rosicky has had it on.

Enough said.

The strict order should be Fabregas > van Persie > Nasri.

Tbf Rosicky was only deputizing for the injured, wasn't he? The article says that neither Henry nor Fabregas should have been appointed captain.

While I'm not that sure about Henry and Gallas, I do think Fabregas is the best choice we have right now.
It's basically all hinging on whether or not he needs surgery.

The club say he do, he thinks he doesn't....
Original post by marcusmerehay
It's basically all hinging on whether or not he needs surgery.

The club say he do, he thinks he doesn't....

Rule number one: never trust a player's judgement on his own injury.
Reply 7065
JK.
OP
Interesting piece from Jonathan Wilson on how our attitude to injustice might be affecting the mentality of the team, makes some good points.
Little fact in that article "Arsenal have not lost a league game with Djourou in the side since 2008" pretty sweet record.
Arsenal lack characters. We have Fabregas as our main leader, a young fella from Spain. We need to go back to the days of Adams, Dixon, Winterburn, Parlour, Vieira etc. A lot of money NEEDS to be spent, because we're lacking strength and experience.

Wenger out? Yes please.
Not another one. :facepalm2:
Reply 7069
Original post by Livi-Häuptling
Wenger out? Yes please.

No
Do you want to see Arsenal win trophies?

Thank you Mr Wenger, fantastic manager, but he's in decline. We need a new manager with new ideas.
The number of times fools like you have uttered that phrase (all too easily as well) without even hinting at who could possibly replace them.

It's ridiculous. :facepalm2:
How on Earth did he get banned?
Tbh I'd like to ban the Wenger out parade.
There were some posts in the United and Celtic Socs that simply aren't repeatable.
Arsenal lack characters. We have Fabregas as our main leader, a young fella from Spain. We need to go back to the days of Adams, Dixon, Winterburn, Parlour, Vieira etc. A lot of money NEEDS to be spent, because we're lacking strength and experience.

Wenger out? Yes please.

lacking mental strength. Head of Psychology at Arsenal FC, Arsene 'mental strenff' Wenger, will soon right this wrong tbh.
Original post by JK.
Interesting piece from Jonathan Wilson on how our attitude to injustice might be affecting the mentality of the team, makes some good points.

Very valid point I think. I can't remember which player it was near the start of the season (may have been Eboue) who said the fans were TOO good to the players and didn't show their discontent enough. We do blame the ref a lot (though in fairness we do get a lot of bad calls) when perhaps we, and mainly Wenger should hold the players accountable. I don't think you can say good management is applauding the players when it goes well and not ever blaming them when it's bad.
Original post by marcusmerehay
The number of times fools like you have uttered that phrase (all too easily as well) without even hinting at who could possibly replace them.

It's ridiculous. :facepalm2:

Exactly.

They say they want him out, but they fail to ever find a suitable replacement.

I've really got nothing more to say on Wenger's position. Basically, when he retires in three years time, we'll see how invaluable he is.

Then we'll get the idiots now changing their minds, saying how we're finished since Wenger is gone.

There is really no point arguing, you can never win.
Reply 7077
JK.
OP
Original post by Psychotic546
Very valid point I think. I can't remember which player it was near the start of the season (may have been Eboue) who said the fans were TOO good to the players and didn't show their discontent enough. We do blame the ref a lot (though in fairness we do get a lot of bad calls) when perhaps we, and mainly Wenger should hold the players accountable. I don't think you can say good management is applauding the players when it goes well and not ever blaming them when it's bad.

I think something like the Newcastle game, which Wilson highlighted, is a perfect example. The team manage to throw away a 4 goal lead yet most people were still crying about the ref - there would obviously be an immediate annoyance over some of the questionable decisions but there didn't seem to be any great recognition that regardless of officiating we should be able to hold on to such an advantage. The times it seems Wenger has laid into players (when they've spoken about it after the game) seem to be the times we come back and show great spirit. If the tough approach works, it don't see why he doesn't use it more often.
Original post by JK.
I think something like the Newcastle game, which Wilson highlighted, is a perfect example. The team manage to throw away a 4 goal lead yet most people were still crying about the ref - there would obviously be an immediate annoyance over some of the questionable decisions but there didn't seem to be any great recognition that regardless of officiating we should be able to hold on to such an advantage. The times it seems Wenger has laid into players (when they've spoken about it after the game) seem to be the times we come back and show great spirit. If the tough approach works, it don't see why he doesn't use it more often.

In the end I think it's because Wenger is 1) not a yelling sort of person and more annoying 2) he's far too attached to the players. It's the latter which means he won't bench players or sell those who aren't good enough and will just keep them more chances.
Reply 7079
Do you want to see Arsenal win trophies?

Thank you Mr Wenger, fantastic manager, but he's in decline. We need a new manager with new ideas.

Oh yh he needs to be sacked.. definitely! But only if you live in a mad mans world, which we don't! If you think Wenger deserves the sack, then you have to be a moron! Did you ever think, who would replace him? No!
Can another manager do the same job as he has done for Arsenal? Almost certainly not!
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest