The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7120
:laugh:

EDIT - Not good news

Vermaelen ruled out for rest of the season
Johan Djourou is out for at least six weeks
Nicklas Bendtner could be back for West Brom
Cesc Fabregas is out for the game on Saturday, he should be back after the international break
Walcott is not available for the weekend and he has no chance for England match.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JK.
Jens on twitter ''I have arrived. The old familiar smells of the training ground. Wet boots, muddy kit, and stench of dyed blonde Spanish fear. Love it.'' :rofl2:

hhahaha legend
Reply 7122
Original post by jit987
:laugh:

EDIT - Not good news

Vermaelen ruled out for rest of the season
Johan Djourou is out for at least six weeks
Nicklas Bendtner could be back for West Brom
Cesc Fabregas is out for the game on Saturday, he should be back after the international break
Walcott is not available for the weekend and he has no chance for England match.

Song is also out for the Brom game. :sadnod:
All these injuries are not coincidences. A deep and thoruough investigation has to be put in place this summer.

I've got a feeling is to do with Wenger signing injury prone players because they are cheap. Some of our injuries are genuine, but with the likes of Vermaelen/RVP/Rosicky I'm quite confident there are underlying issues.

In fact I'm 100% sure we got Rosicky on a cheap because he was injury prone.

If you pay penuts, you'll get peanuts unfortunately.
Reply 7124
JK.
OP
Original post by T.Adams VI
All these injuries are not coincidences. A deep and thoruough investigation has to be put in place this summer.

I've got a feeling is to do with Wenger signing injury prone players because they are cheap. Some of our injuries are genuine, but with the likes of Vermaelen/RVP/Rosicky I'm quite confident there are underlying issues.

In fact I'm 100% sure we got Rosicky on a cheap because he was injury prone.

If you pay penuts, you'll get peanuts unfortunately.

Didn't we at least try some sort of investigation into it by using some GPS thing while the players train? Think it started last year/couple of years ago and I suspect they still use it.

I don't agree with the part about paying peanuts and getting peanuts though, well, not entirely. Getting a player at a knock down price because he has problems can be a great idea; help him solve the problems and he'll not only end up being a bargain, but his gratitude for the help will probably lead to him give even more effort than what he would have done had he arrived problem free at the higher price. If the problem is being injury prone though, as in this case, I think you have a fair point. If we don't have the resources/training methods to significantly improve their injury situation, especially when you consider the nature of the new league they'll be playing in, they really aren't such great investments.
Reply 7125
Arsene Wenger and Samir Nasri banned for 1 UEFA game.
I think it's more likely to do with the conditioning training. Our players are immensely fit and can run for hours, but I think they are over-stretched to maintain those levels of stamina, and so the 'wrong type' of strain will result in injuries a significant proportion of the time.

An investigation was carried out but was inconclusive.

There is also something to be said of the fact that we are a skilful team who like time on the ball and are occassionally kicked/pushed/punched off of it. As such we pick up more injuries than - say - Blood'n'Thunder United.

I think the fact that Vermaelen had no serious issues last season and yet this season has shattered to pieces contravenes a little of your theory, Tone.
The ban was due to start on 22 March but will now begin immediately, as the Scot requested.

That means Ferguson will be back in the dugout for the Premier League game with title rivals Arsenal in May.

- BBC Football

How unbelievably fortunate that he magically gets to show up for the Arsenal game. I hope we win the title there and then and he has an utter meltdown. It's our turn to get a ridiculous stroke of luck, one suspects.
Reply 7128
Our manager gets an excessive ban, the longest in PL history for speaking (the truth) about a referee, and you still find a way to moan about it :lol:
Reply 7129
JK.
OP
Original post by RobbieC

I think the fact that Vermaelen had no serious issues last season and yet this season has shattered to pieces contravenes a little of your theory, Tone.

I'm think he had a few problems towards the end of the season, not sure though, but he was certainly clean throughout the first half of the season. I think his record at Ajax would be more important than with us if the theory is to be proved, tbh.
Original post by RobbieC
The ban was due to start on 22 March but will now begin immediately, as the Scot requested.

That means Ferguson will be back in the dugout for the Premier League game with title rivals Arsenal in May.

- BBC Football

How unbelievably fortunate that he magically gets to show up for the Arsenal game. I hope we win the title there and then and he has an utter meltdown. It's our turn to get a ridiculous stroke of luck, one suspects.

As I've said before, Fergie is basically the don of english football. He's untouchable.

As for my theory, if you look at Vermaelen in 07-08 at Ajax, he only managed 22 games all season. 08-09 he improved to 40 games, but 10-11, he's back down to a miserable 3 games.

Rosicky: The season before he joined us he only managed 27 games all season. (top professionals do double of that, easily)
As I've said before, Fergie is basically the don of english football. He's untouchable.

Because untouchable means getting a record ban?
Original post by Louis.
Our manager gets an excessive ban, the longest in PL history for speaking (the truth) about a referee, and you still find a way to moan about it :lol:

He didn't get the ban for speaking the truth, he got it for calling the referee's integrity into question. He implied that the referee was unfair and intentionally favoured Chelsea rather than that he was just incompetent or unfit or whatever. combined with the fact that he's repeatedly made comments about the quality of refereeing and thus the FA feel it has to exercise some discipline.
Reply 7133
Original post by voodoomagic
He didn't get the ban for speaking the truth, he got it for calling the referee's integrity into question. He implied that the referee was unfair and intentionally favoured Chelsea rather than that he was just incompetent or unfit or whatever. combined with the fact that he's repeatedly made comments about the quality of refereeing and thus the FA feel it has to exercise some discipline.

He said we didn't get a fair or strong ref, and feared the worst when he saw who it was.

Unfair doesn't necessarily mean he was intentionally favouring Chelsea. This soc often has a moan about the ref and calls decisions and referees unfair, but I doubt there are many of you that actually believe there's a deliberate conspiracy against you. Read into it what you will, there's probably an element of truth behind what you're saying, but it sets a bit of a dangerous precedent because i'm sure you could find implications of intentional bias in an awful lot of comments from managers and you'd have to start punishing them similarly severely.
Original post by Kevmeister
Because untouchable means getting a record ban?

The FA have to be seen to be fair.

It doesn't really matter if it was a record ban, Fergie negotiated his way out of it. It's like the bloody mafia.
The FA have to be seen to be fair.

It doesn't really matter if it was a record ban, Fergie negotiated his way out of it. It's like the bloody mafia.

How? He's still serving the ban. He made the comments over two weeks ago yet it's taken this long for a conclusion to be reached, there should not have even been the slightest possibility of him missing the league match against your lot.
Original post by Louis.
He said we didn't get a fair or strong ref, and feared the worst when he saw who it was.

Unfair doesn't necessarily mean he was intentionally favouring Chelsea. This soc often has a moan about the ref and calls decisions and referees unfair, but I doubt there are many of you that actually believe there's a deliberate conspiracy against you. Read into it what you will, there's probably an element of truth behind what you're saying, but it sets a bit of a dangerous precedent because i'm sure you could find implications of intentional bias in an awful lot of comments from managers and you'd have to start punishing them similarly severely.

I had the same argument with a friend the other day and admittedly what I said was rather similar to your second paragraph there.
get a room :colonhash:
Reply 7138
Original post by antonfigo
get a room :colonhash:

Almunia's seems incredibly happy to see Jens again. :colonhash: A certain Pulp Fiction line comes to mind.
Reply 7139
See you Saturday Arsenal boys :wink:

Latest