The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
This commentator is pissing me off, when "I saw west ham in the first game of the season they were already relegated". Easy to say that now you dick.

"If arsenal did such and such in defence then they'd win the premier league" Wtf are you anyways? In wenger we trust..
Apparently Wayne Bridge is seeing Frankie from the Saturdays, at least he can still do something right..
Another clean sheet for Szczesny, that's already his 4th clean sheet in 7 starts for the club, with only 3 goals conceded. Very impressed.

I'm renaming our starting 5-man midfield from today "The JackSong 5" :smug:
Original post by jk1986
This commentator is pissing me off, when "I saw west ham in the first game of the season they were already relegated". Easy to say that now you dick.

You don't have to be much of a pundit to have predicted that one at the start of the season. They were lucky to escape last season, no investment, lucky two seasons in a row? Probably not. I think most people would have had the same prediction.
"An absolutely heroic effort from Wayne Bridge today to try and deflect some of the attention away from Avram Grant."

:rofl3:
Reply 1565
JK.
OP
Great performance there, total dominance throughout, but given West Ham's squad and the ridiculous situation they've made for themselves with Grant it's hardly the greatest achievement. Possibly the best thing we can take away from the game was RvP's performance; first time he's looked back to his best since the injury, something we really need to be a constant for us until the end of the season, tbh.

Once Vermaelen and Sagna return to sure up the defence, we're looking at an extremely strong squad. It's not really a case of if we buy one more... any more, it's a case of we have the squad, we've just gotta get the best out of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Arsenal was decent. Wilshere was a beast today &, Song was amazing.

/analysis
Reply 1567
JK.
OP
Original post by marcusmerehay
Another clean sheet for Szczesny, that's already his 4th clean sheet in 7 starts for the club, with only 3 goals conceded. Very impressed.

The goals conceded too - a pen, Park's fluke header which was impossible to save and that great effort in the week, again, pretty hard to stop.

Fantastic save at 1-0 down to keep us in it against Leeds and that stunning save at 1-0 up today, I imagine he'll be playing midweek too, Wenger must be finding it hard to take him out by now.
Reply 1568
Original post by voodoomagic

Original post by voodoomagic
Apparently Wayne Bridge is seeing Frankie from the Saturdays, at least he can still do something right..

srsly? :nothing:
Original post by JK.
The goals conceded too - a pen, Park's fluke header which was impossible to save and that great effort in the week, again, pretty hard to stop.

Fantastic save at 1-0 down to keep us in it against Leeds and that stunning save at 1-0 up today, I imagine he'll be playing midweek too, Wenger must be finding it hard to take him out by now.

That's a very good point.

Usually our goalkeeping selection headache is who is less bad, rather than who is the best.

For what it's worth, Fabianski has kept 21 clean sheets in 53 games, conceding 60 in the process.

Pity goes a long way.
She's not even that attractive anyway. :fyi:
Couple of dodgy moments in defence which was disappointing despite the clean sheet. West Ham are hopeless but it was a good performance from us, it will be a big plus if RVP can kick on from here and start banging them in.

Another shocking performance from the sprinter with no brain, hopeless isn't he? Better off training for 2012 than notching up all these goals and assists
Reply 1573
Original post by marcusmerehay
She's not even that attractive anyway. :fyi:

You mad brah?

Schezza looked a bit dodgy with that bounce over his head but I like him and hopefully Wenger will continue with him.

What did everyone think of Djourou today overpowered at times by Carlton Cole?
Original post by Economist
Another shocking performance from the sprinter with no brain, hopeless isn't he? Better off training for 2012 than notching up all these goals and assists

He is just a sprinter though. He is wasteful and he doesn't make smart choices. But pace is all you need (and he can finish) to be effective. And he certainly is effective. I don't get what the fuss is about -- he'll never be a brilliant footballer, but as long as he keeps scoring goals, what's the problem? And he will keep scoring goals because the midfield has the ability to keep playing him through.

There's not really a lot to talk about regarding the game. Usual overplaying, usual defensive cock-ups but I thought Szczesny was good. The Song, Wilshere and Cesc midfield is proving to work very well. I think we all know what our first-choice starting line-up should be now. Van Persie showed he's on a different level from any other options we have in the squad and it's just about his fitness now...as it always has been. Only criticism of the attacking play is that we 'overplay' far too much. Cesc and Nasri try to take the piss at times which can end up backfiring.
Somehow got unsubscribed to this thread.

Anyway, good performance today and reasonable result, should've won by more to help the goal difference (which is getting to where it needs to be). Great to see RVP looking much sharper. :smile:
Cesc and Nasri do tend to overplay quite a lot, but when they pull it off it is pretty unstoppable. Cesc looked knackered after 30 minutes though tbh, he was already struggling to keep up, hopefully he is rested in midweek because being fatigued is hardly going to help his hamstring. Great thing with this team is that even when our two biggest threats Nasri and Cesc don't play that well then we've got others that will step up. Van Persie; 2 goals and an assist, Walcott; 1 goal, 1 assist and won the penalty. We have to get a run going now because we know that several of this team will be injured soon enough and we'll be back to playing some players that clearly aren't good enough.
Reply 1577
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
Cesc and Nasri do tend to overplay quite a lot, but when they pull it off it is pretty unstoppable. Cesc looked knackered after 30 minutes though tbh, he was already struggling to keep up, hopefully he is rested in midweek because being fatigued is hardly going to help his hamstring. Great thing with this team is that even when our two biggest threats Nasri and Cesc don't play that well then we've got others that will step up. Van Persie; 2 goals and an assist, Walcott; 1 goal, 1 assist and won the penalty. We have to get a run going now because we know that several of this team will be injured soon enough and we'll be back to playing some players that clearly aren't good enough.

Others who can step up? There are 6 Proven good players in this team. The rest are undeniably average. Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott, Song and Vermaelen. Everyone else are average or are waiting to prove themselves. With those six, we're a top four material. Without them we'd be languishing in mid table.
Original post by tplob
Others who can step up? There are 6 Proven good players in this team. The rest are undeniably average. Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas, Walcott, Song and Vermaelen. Everyone else are average or are waiting to prove themselves. With those six, we're a top four material. Without them we'd be languishing in mid table.

You forgot Sagna.

Arshavin is a 'proven good player', as well, just ridiculously off colour at the moment.

Rosicky is as well, but niggled by injury.
Original post by Jeppasloth

Pity goes a long way.

John Terry has a new target.

Latest