The Student Room Group

Medicine and the Law case study

Hi guys, does anybody know what a case study is and how yo go about answering such a question. i have never done these before. in a problem question you would start off by introducing the legal issues. in an essay question you would start off by introducing the theme of the essay. hoqw would you start off a case study. people keep on telling me its something in between an essay and a problem question looooool but what the hell is that lol. this is what a potential case study that i might get in the exam would look like. this is from a past paper.

(a) Zain wishes to ensure that after his death his body parts can be used for transplantation.

Advise him of the relevant provisions of the Human Tissue Act 2004.

THANKS GUYS
Reply 1
Somebody help me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssse!!!!!!!

My exams are coming soon!!!!
Reply 2
Seems to me you'd just have to give him practical advice on what he needs to do to become an organ donor and the relevant sections of the act as to who can become an organ donor etc?
Reply 3
How many marks, and what level?

You'd have to discuss the law itself, then relate it to the situation.
Reply 4
Original post by koyes uddin
im in uni final year of law. this is what i've come up with so far

:p: I'm a postgraduate Accounting student, don't expect me to be able to reasonably comment on that!

I am surprised that, as a final year student, you haven't come across these before.

I would recommend talking to your tutor/supervisor/whatever if you are having difficulties understanding what the question is asking of you :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending