The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Orange aero, turkey twizzlers (JAMIE OLIVER MUST DIE, they were no more harmful than the **** they still serve up these days) and cadbury's dream bar. (Have any of you tried cadbury's dream choc fingers?? :sogood:)
Original post by bombproof_girl
Snickers spread, milky way crispy rolls, The polos that they sold it big packets and wrapped individually and were see through. The green ones were amazing!

I love the milky way crispy rolls, you can get them in the odd newsagent still but I did recently discover a whole damn box, pack of six I think, in a pound shop :biggrin:
Reply 262
Original post by misst911
Cybercandy's great, I don't usually buy from there because the prices are stupid! The chocolate frogs are what, £5-10?

I know! I try not to buy too much there, cause just getting a couple of things usually ends up being about £5. It's cause they know they can get away with it :rolleyes:
Original post by Leighthesim
does any one remeber the berry polos??
i spent the entirty of year 7 high on them things (about 6 years ago)

someone mentioned panda pops (i remember being on holiday and sliding down a slide in the pub garden with a panda pop) and vanilla cola.
also Missippi mud pie muller corners and, rum and raisin ones, and alabama fudge cake aswell.,

also does anyone remmber the multi packs of differant flavour quavers (like prawn cocktail and salt and vinegr quavers)
as for sunny D you can still get it in spain- i had it over the summer.

Yes. yes. yes
Oh! Oh!

Original Curry and Sausage and Tomato Pot Noodles!

Oh, double post, but... THESE. Nesquik Slices. OH GOD, THESE. You used to get them in the fridge section by the yoghurts - chilled cake slices filled with a sorta nesquik cream/ice-cream/yoghurt filling!

Reply 266
A few people have already mentioned it, but there used to be a purple chocolate bar with green nerds in it. I think it was another Wonka product.
There used to be a Mr Blobby pink lemonade (which I always used to get in Woolworths).
Proper cola bars which are much better than the crappy ones you can buy today.
Blue raspberry flavoured Panda Pops.
All the stuff like Lucky Charms which you can still buy but only at great cost!
Um Bongo.
Proper Lilt.

Most of this stuff no longer exists cos half of the ingredients in them have been banned in the UK.... :frown:
Original post by Sophie_284
hula hoop over chips! they were shaped like massive hula hoops so crispy!
jelly baby ice lollies with jelly inside
hand and foot ice lollies (YUM!!!)

not sure what they were called but really hot cinnamon ball hard sweets
and i know its been mentioned but starburst joosters why did they ever discontinue ?! :smile:

Fire Balls.

I'm sure you can still get them.
Actually, can you still buy Screwballs?

I haven't seen them in years.
Original post by TotoMimo
Actually, can you still buy Screwballs?

I haven't seen them in years.

Like everything else they have gotten really bad, even cheaper nastier ice cream, so bad it makes 70p Tesco value stuff look like luxury with a bubblegum about 1/5 the size of a normal one.
Reply 270
There were these epic Strawberry Milky Way things sold years ago.. they were amazing.

Also M&S once had a limited edition walnut whip, except it was white chocolate with strawberry mousse in the middle and a little icing strawberry on top ^^ (:

Also, Cadbury marble and snow flakes! nomnomnom.

For anyone looking for nerds, try new zealand :P I went there on exchange in 2006 and was delighted to see nerds in the supermarkets :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 271
Those 10p crisps....

Good times :sigh:
When you used to get fun things in a packet of crisps like pogs :frown:
& toys in cereal! Kids are missing out these days :P

This thread has just made me miss a load of things, that I'd forgotten about!
Original post by marcusmerehay
Fruitang and Nerdz.

omnomnom fruitang

they MUST still be sold somewhere....they were amazing
Reply 274
Those big plastic polos with lots of tiny, strong polos inside.
And Cadbury Yowies. Hollow chocolate animals with a little plastic animal toy inside.
They were the stuff.
Reply 275
I miss Citrus Polos, they were awesome :smile:
Reply 276
It is sold still, but unfortunately not in this country. But this is my favourite:

Original post by k.andy
It is sold still, but unfortunately not in this country. But this is my favourite:

Looks mega-similar to my nesquik slices!
Original post by groovyhaz
I miss Citrus Polos, they were awesome :smile:

I loved these, completly forgot about them!
Reply 279
Original post by TotoMimo
Looks mega-similar to my nesquik slices!

Yh it is kinda similar, but if you eat this,......................... just AWESOME!!! My favourite. As far as I know, only available in Germany. I might be wrong though. Get like 5 ten-packs of them.

Latest