The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Great banter from Hazard to not turn up all season, then hit two past Bournemouth as a warm-up for ending Tottenham's title dream.

Still, a great season from Spurs and Pochetinno. They'll come again. They aren't going anywhere. This isn't like Liverpool in 2013-14, when you felt it was now or never.

You what?
Original post by Dodgypirate
You what?

I think Mackay means that it looks like the current Spurs squad look like they have a bright future and it's not based on one player (like Bale or Suarez) who then pushed for a move to another club.

The Liverpool side were awful in defence too even if we scored loads of goals whereas it looks like Spurs may finish as top scorers (1 behind Man City at the mometn) and with the least about of goals conceded.
You what?

Well, Suarez was obviously going to leave - and we hardly had a chance without him.
Yh there were deficiencies in the 13/14 Liverpool squad (which are still present) that were masked by SaS banging in goals. Spurs however have a solid team and a squad with quality in defence, midfield and attack that can handle the extra European games. They shouldn't really drop off next season.
Original post by Mackay
Well, Suarez was obviously going to leave - and we hardly had a chance without him.

Until Klopp showed up.
Until Klopp showed up.

I said 2013-14.
We were diabolical second half today.
Reply 4807
Original post by rockrunride
We were diabolical second half today.

Just a young inexperienced team
The reaction to going a goal down was worrying - but expected. Post losing out on the title, the result and match yesterday was always going to go one way once Southampton had equalised.
Latest Tottenham news is that Bentaleb has transferred to Schalke for £16m

Thoughts?
Original post by wizward

Thoughts?

I did quite like Bentaleb, I thought he had some potential but £16m seems a fair price

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
I did quite like Bentaleb, I thought he had some potential but £16m seems a fair price

Posted from TSR Mobile

He definitely had some potential, but was definitely sold for a good price too.

Now that we have invested in the midfield depth, plus the likes of Winks...we don't really need him as much.
Original post by wizward

Thoughts?

No complaints, no longer needed.
What does everyone think about Wembley being our home for the next season?
Would you have preferred MK Dons etc

Arguably it's going to take 3 seasons before we actually have a 'home' stadium, as it will take a couple of years to adjust to new stadium.
Lol anyone notice Alli's reaction just before Son scored?

Watch the replay on BBC.
Original post by Zerforax

Watch the replay on BBC.

Saw it! To be honest, I was fuming at his first touch as well!!

But then he pulls that finish out of the bag. I was quickly silenced.
Original post by Zerforax

Watch the replay on BBC.

I was there yesterday + had one of those classic football fan moments when you loudly **** off a player and the next minute he's pulled something out of this world from the bag. Fair play.

I get the feeling Chelsea wanted us the least in the semis, so bring 'em on.
Got your notepads out boys and girls its time for a spurs sesh from yours truly! It has come to my attention that a particular spurs player has gone under the radar recently and I am really NOT happy that he is NOT getting the credit that he DESERVES and his name is the one and only :
Erik Lamela
I believe that Erik is the greatest spurs player that has ever lived to grace White Hart Lane. He wears the number #11 shirt with pride and is the most likely candidate to become the next Argentina captain after Messi.
I love that you lot think you know everything it makes me laugh hahahhahahahhahaha. If any of you fools want to have a lesson on football then please ask myself or BigBoyBob as we know best.

Thank you for your time!
Personally my last game at the Lane today. Emotional.

We were absolutely fantastic. Back line absolutely impenetrable. Wanyama made it look like Dembélé's absence didn't matter.

To think Özil cost >£40m and Dele £5m...

Quick Reply

Latest