The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4960
Original post by Wilfred Little
Third stadium?

For the City game. Tottenham’s stadium isn’t ready. They told the FA that they won’t need Wembley so the NFL has booked that. The FA have rejected their appeal to move the game to the Etihad leaving Spurs having to play in some
third stadium or postpone the game. They were considering Twinkenhan but that’s not happening either. They don’t actually have a venue for the City game atm.

The rules state that you must play all your home games in one stadium. FA already allowed Spurs to use two (Wembley and their new one when it’s one). I think the official rule is a points deduction.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by S.G.
For the City game. Tottenham’s stadium isn’t ready. They told the FA that they won’t need Wembley so the NFL has booked that. The FA have rejected their appeal to move the game to the Etihad leaving Spurs having to play in some
third stadium or postpone the game. They were considering Twinkenhan but that’s not happening either. They don’t actually have a venue for the City game atm.

The rules state that you must play all your home games in one stadium. FA already allowed Spurs to use two (Wembley and their new one when it’s one). I think the official rule is a points deduction.

Bloody hell.

What a mess.
Congratulations on the win. Deserved it.

Kane still scoring.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Congratulations on the win. Deserved it.

Kane still scoring.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

Cheers.

No ground, still gonna win the league :biggrin:
Reply 4964
Early days but you guys have started well, which I think had been your biggest issue, as opposed to the apparent “bottling”. 9 points already whilst the previous three seasons you’ve dropped 5, 4 and 7 points. You guys already are pretty good at building momentum and getting those long runs of unbeaten later on. I probably would’ve said a decent chance at the title if it weren’t for the squads City and Liverpool have.
Is that Spurs into the Europa League?
Original post by Zerforax
Is that Spurs into the Europa League?

More or less.

This new stadium needs to hurry up.
Original post by Deshi
Didn't look a red. They should have had a pen though.

They probably all got a pen as a souvenir when leaving the ground to be honest - most clubs have branded pens which they give away for free for marketing purposes in my limited experience, so I wouldn't worry.
Original post by rockrunride
More or less.

This new stadium needs to hurry up.

Already postponed to the new year?
Already postponed to the new year?

Yep.

Would take the rest of the season at Wembley now, would stabilise things.
Original post by Melancholy
They probably all got a pen as a souvenir when leaving the ground to be honest - most clubs have branded pens which they give away for free for marketing purposes in my limited experience, so I wouldn't worry.

You went back through 6 years worth of posts to make that joke?

I hope it was worth it :lolwut:
Original post by Mess.
You went back through 6 years worth of posts to make that joke?

I hope it was worth it :lolwut:

It's a very funny joke.
Spurs have to be fined for the state of the pitch at Wembley right? Its embarrassing.
Original post by mojojojo101
Spurs have to be fined for the state of the pitch at Wembley right? Its embarrassing.

A bit unfair to fine them when they were not the ones who organised the NFL game yesterday, don't think a day is nearly enough time to get the pitch up to scratch. They should rather be fined for not getting their own stadium ready in time...
Original post by samir12
A bit unfair to fine them when they were not the ones who organised the NFL game yesterday, don't think a day is nearly enough time to get the pitch up to scratch. They should rather be fined for not getting their own stadium ready in time...

Ultimately though it is their fault that this game has to be played on such a crappy surface but the FA and PL have to take some blame as well, the NFL game was organised a while ago, everyone knew it was happening and they still chose to schedule this game at Wembley the day after... its all well and good the officials inspecting the pitch an hour before kick off but they arent going to cancel a game like this with that little notice.
"Illionis soccer team reach the Big Ten Semifinals"

If I didn't know better I'd assume the title of my video was correct.
Reply 4976
Original post by mojojojo101
Ultimately though it is their fault that this game has to be played on such a crappy surface but the FA and PL have to take some blame as well, the NFL game was organised a while ago, everyone knew it was happening and they still chose to schedule this game at Wembley the day after... its all well and good the officials inspecting the pitch an hour before kick off but they arent going to cancel a game like this with that little notice.

Honestly its shocking the state of that pitch.

Must have been fantastic for branding for the NFL I guess...
The Wembley pitch has always been shite.

£700m for that :biggrin:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-redevelopment-haringey-neighbours

Good article on the new stadium and impact on local community.

Levy is shady as ****
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-redevelopment-haringey-neighbours

Good article on the new stadium and impact on local community.

Levy is shady as ****

Levy planned to have a series of council houses knocked down to create a clear walkway between the stadium and the train station.

What a ****

Quick Reply

Latest