The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Not sure what the hell ^^ that was.

Adebayor should take a wage cut, realistically he's not and never was a 170k p/w striker. He needs to ask whether he likes the 170k and sitting on in the stands or a home for the rest of his career, 2014 contract. He's going to have to take a pretty big pay cut to come to Spurs but he gets to play every week and I'm sure his contract could be incentivised which takes the risk away for Spurs.
I can't say I'm particularly enthused about the thought of ticket prices going up even more to foot Ade's wage bill. The club loses enough revenue as it is from only having 36,000 seats to sell.

I want the new stadium to come soonish but not at the risk of it becoming another Emirates tbh. Where do we compromise?

And as much as I have new-found love for Ade try telling him "the game is about passion". He's playing for us having played for Arsenal ffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1062
Im looking to buy tickets to the Tottenham - Sunderland for my mums christmas present but have no idea where to look and what sites are best for purchasing sold out matches.
If anyone has any idea/s i would really appreciate it :smile:

On a side not if anyone has any for sale that would be super too
Original post by kanesw
Im looking to buy tickets to the Tottenham - Sunderland for my mums christmas present but have no idea where to look and what sites are best for purchasing sold out matches.
If anyone has any idea/s i would really appreciate it :smile:

On a side not if anyone has any for sale that would be super too

It's a bit hit and miss buying decently priced tickets if you're not a member.

If you really wanted to go to the Sunlun game you could find a reseller. But for the future, I'd recommend checking on sale dates for future games and snap up tickets as soon as they go on general. Some won't make it that far, but most do. However if it's not a weeknight tickets will last a day if that on general.

Funnily enough though I did get my ticket for that game when it was on general sale. it was on quite a while before it sold out. Regretted not buying it earlier when the booking fee jumped from £1.50 for members to £3.50 general sale booking fee.

As for today, we seem to have gone defensive and JD's goals against Charlton have seemingly been rewarded. Scotty and Sandro in the middle with JD and Ade up front.
Two weird things about tonight:

We're shooting at Paxton in the first half
Bassong reprises his role as EL captain though he never plays otherwise

And we're two nil down. Bassong and Gallas have been a shambles together at the back so far.
I guess Harry just wants to concentrate on the League.
Reply 1066
Original post by marcusmerehay
I guess Harry just wants to concentrate on the League.

Terrible equalizing goal we have to give that one back. No we don't score those. Good.
Original post by dn013
Terrible equalizing goal we have to give that one back. No we don't score those. Good.

It's not been given by the ref.

Spurs attitude coming in to this game stinks. They took these Greeks for mugs in the first half. Diabolical (in my Hanser voice).
Yes it was a goal because the game hadn't been stopped and the injured player was playing JD onside, no it wasn't a goal because the game should have been stopped.

And would you have expected us to give a hundred percent in this, a Europa match, when we're third in the league and on a great run?
(edited 12 years ago)
Funny thing is I think Spurs had a better chance of winning if Paek had 11 men. They've been forced to defend for the entire second half. They deserve every bit of credit, they are putting their bodies on the line in every tackle.
Reply 1070
Original post by rockrunride
Yes it was a goal because the game hadn't been stopped and the injured player was playing JD onside, no it wasn't a goal because the game should have been stopped.

This game is wacky.

He didn't stop the game at the time, he has to give it... amazing :rolleyes:
Original post by silent ninja
Funny thing is I think Spurs had a better chance of winning if Paek had 11 men. They've been forced to defend for the entire second half. They deserve every bit of credit, they are putting their bodies on the line in every tackle.

I definitely agree with you. Though I still want us to try and win this match I can't complain if we do go out.
Reply 1072
Wants us to win, but couldn't be too bothered if we get knocked out. Focus on league and FA cup

Gratz.
It's over!
The red card worked against Spurs in the end.

The two goals in the first half were a joke. If you play football, you know that kind of play is due to bad concentration when you aren't taking the opponent seriously.
Rose corluka livermore bassong piennar ...
Let's hope we actually do try in the FA Cup this year. Not least because it'll be my first season "properly" attending our cup games rather than grabbing the odd replay ticket on general sale.

Though the third round is two days before my most important essay deadline so far at university :sigh:
Reply 1077
Tha ****. You guys actually played today. That went under the radar/ Surely EL> Beer Cup
Are you knocked out on head-to-head? :lolwut:
Don't think we're out but now we depend on Kazan getting beaten by a **** load of goals or something like that, and we'd equally have to smash Rovers.

Love how this thread's become active because we lost. Nobody could give a toss on Saturday when we defied our usual second half trend and were at our best :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest