The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

On Lawro's predictions, as you are on a Thursday night. Tinchy Stryder is this week's guest. "Bet he's a Gooner," I think, given he's from London and has a broad multicultural London accent. The Spurs - Man Utd game comes up and he says "we".

"Oh, so he's a Spurs fan!" I think.

He goes on to say "this is the time of year that we usually push on". Hang on, I think, this is when we usually crumble.. and he continues "I think we'll beat Spurs 3-1".

Oh so you're another Cockney Red. Well done you, Tinch :congrats:
Original post by rockrunride
On Lawro's predictions, as you are on a Thursday night. Tinchy Stryder is this week's guest. "Bet he's a Gooner," I think, given he's from London and has a broad multicultural London accent. The Spurs - Man Utd game comes up and he says "we".

He goes on to say "this is the time of year that we usually push on". Hang on, I think, this is when we usually crumble.. and he continues "I think we'll beat Spurs 3-1".

:teeth:

It's sad that London has as many if not more Man utd fans than it does Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea fans.
Reply 1424
Original post by Darth Vader 7
It's sad that London has as many if not more Man utd fans than it does Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea fans.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd love to see how many "Utd fans" would still support their team if they were relegated.
Original post by Kaz310
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd love to see how many "Utd fans" would still support their team if they were relegated.

Exactly. Not even if they were relegated. If they stopped winning trophies for just a couple of years. I'd wonder what would happen...
Reply 1426
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Exactly. Not even if they were relegated. If they stopped winning trophies for just a couple of years. I'd wonder what would happen...

I'd love to see the state of the club after Fergie's retired. The man has done wonders with what is honestly a fairly average squad.
Original post by lead316
I'd love to see the state of the club after Fergie's retired. The man has done wonders with what is honestly a fairly average squad.

They're at the bottom of a cycle but they have a lot of young players in the squad now.

DDG, Fabio, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Hernandez, Welbeck and probably others I've forgotten.

Even if he was to retire in 2-3 years, the core of that squad could easily survive for another 5 years before you'd see the effects of Fergie finally dispel.

So way to go and a lot of mismanagement would be required before Utd will fall.
Reply 1428
Original post by Zerforax
They're at the bottom of a cycle but they have a lot of young players in the squad now.

DDG, Fabio, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Hernandez, Welbeck and probably others I've forgotten.

Even if he was to retire in 2-3 years, the core of that squad could easily survive for another 5 years before you'd see the effects of Fergie finally dispel.

So way to go and a lot of mismanagement would be required before Utd will fall.

Not saying Utd will fall now or in the near future as these players will still carry them strong, but just hypothetically speaking if Utd "were" to suddenly get relegated next year, I'd love to see who would still support them as majority of this generation youths grew up watching Utd win trophy after trophy( Which is obviously the main reason they support them in the first place)
If we lose tomorrow and fail to beat Everton, Arsenal will catch us and we will be extremely unlikely to catch them back.

Bale, start playing well.
If we lose tomorrow and fail to beat Everton, Arsenal will catch us and we will be extremely unlikely to catch them back.

Bale, start playing well.

After tomorrows game against Utd, you only have Chelsea left to play at the bridge out of the top 7, correct me if I'm wrong.

Arsenal still have to face Newcastle, Chelsea and Man city.

I'm not trying to be smug or anything as an Arsenal fan but it's by no means completely out of the question for Spurs to still contend for 3rd place if they ever lose it.
Hi Spurs fans!

Feeling confident about tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by Kaz310

Arsenal: Newcastle (h), Everton (a), Aston Villa (h)

Spurs: Man Utd (h), Everton (a), Stoke (h), Chelsea (a)

I think if Arsenal are ahead by then, it'll be a blow for Spurs, maybe enough to deflate their confidence and **** it all up :lol:

If not then you probably deserve to finish 3rd, and if you mess it up after getting through that then :rofl:

I've been saying since December that you guys will finish 5th, if that happens then it will be the crumble of the decade, having said that, Chelsea almost want to beat you to that title at the moment so who knows :dontknow:
Reply 1433
Original post by In2deep
Arsenal: Newcastle (h), Everton (a), Aston Villa (h)

Spurs: Man Utd (h), Everton (a), Stoke (h), Chelsea (a)

I think if Arsenal are ahead by then, it'll be a blow for Spurs, maybe enough to deflate their confidence and **** it all up :lol:

If not then you probably deserve to finish 3rd, and if you mess it up after getting through that then :rofl:

I've been saying since December that you guys will finish 5th, if that happens then it will be the crumble of the decade, having said that, Chelsea almost want to beat you to that title at the moment so who knows :dontknow:

Um, I think you may have quoted the wrong person :K: but I may aswell start agreeing with you and say what you said is right. The second half of the season fixtures for us were pretty hard as we still had to play alot of the big teams away from home. This is why I said earlier its pretty much sqeaky bum time this week as we have got tough games coming up now as you mentioned there. And now RVP( That Freak) is peaking at the wrong time for us and now Arsenal are literally on our tails.

We need to pull it together today and hope to beat Utd( No reason why we can't and a first time for everything for Utd to finally lose against us)

So, DEPENDING on this week( Utd, Stevenage and Everton) if we somehow only get a point from those games and get knocked out the FA cup, I fear we will crumble down to 5th if not 4th.
There's rumours that Bale is out.

Pulled his hamstring apparently.
Can barely contain my excitement.

Can barely contain my excitement.

Why do you have a ticket from Liverpool to London if the game is at Goodison Park? :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Zerforax
Why do you have a ticket from Liverpool to London if the game is at Goodison Park? :colondollar:

Spoiler

Going up on the bus, haven't managed to print that ticket out yet :colondollar:
I fancy Everton to win that game for some reason.

Quick Reply

Latest