The Student Room Group

The Vampire Diaries thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soyasauce
i would positive rep that :tongue: LOL.... damon is like the only character with abit of personality :biggrin:

hehe then why didn't you :rolleyes:
and i know right...my fav character i gotta say :biggrin:
Reply 581
Original post by Billa Bong

hehe then why didn't you :rolleyes:
and i know right...my fav character i gotta say :biggrin:

umm because all my reps are used up :biggrin: lol
yeh same but i also like tyler( taylor ?? how ever you spell it :s-smilie: ) :lovedup: :smile:
umm because all my reps are used up :biggrin: lol
yeh same but i also like tyler( taylor ?? how ever you spell it :s-smilie: ) :lovedup: :smile:

ahh k...maybe some other time :tongue:
yeah hes alright i suppose but for me damon is heads and tails ahead of everyone in terms of entertainment value and personality
Reply 583

ahh k...maybe some other time :tongue:
yeah hes alright i suppose but for me damon is heads and tails ahead of everyone in terms of entertainment value and personality

and the plans !!!
and the plans !!!

haha yeah how could i forget the plans :tongue:

Spoiler

I swear I lose track of who's who in the show at times, got quite a cast there (numbers wise). <3 Caroline, that is all.

also, fans on other message boards have commented on Ian somerhalders 'bad acting' in the show and the eye twitching thing he seems to do, to be fair I think he's a great actor and have never seen him in a TV role and not thought he's been good at it
Reply 587

Spoiler

Original post by lukejoshjedi
I swear I lose track of who's who in the show at times, got quite a cast there (numbers wise). <3 Caroline, that is all.

also, fans on other message boards have commented on Ian somerhalders 'bad acting' in the show and the eye twitching thing he seems to do, to be fair I think he's a great actor and have never seen him in a TV role and not thought he's been good at it

I think they just don't 'get' that's how he's playing the role, he's not meant to be all intense like Paul Wesley - this is how a character like Damon would talk/act.

I've watched him from his early days in The Rules of Attraction through to his effective portrayal of Boone in Lost, and now in TVD; he always makes the role his own, he's got a wide range and is a great actor.

BTW he's by far the highest earning cast member on TVD, raking in $40k an episode (he's always in 'top TV earners' lists) so clearly the show's producers and network execs want him. There is no way he's going to be written off unless he wanted to quit (which AFAIK he doesn't).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 589
WTF! That should have been the season finale! The promo for next week doesn't look that great, they could have left Damon's werewolf bite dilemma to be sorted next season, as it's 99.99999999% certain he's not going to die

Spoiler

Overall, I'm pretty angry right now:unimpressed:
Original post by i.am.lost
I think they just don't 'get' that's how he's playing the role, he's not meant to be all intense like Paul Wesley - this is how a character like Damon would talk/act.

I've watched him from his early days in The Rules of Attraction through to his effective portrayal of Boone in Lost, and now in TVD; he always makes the role his own, he's got a wide range and is a great actor.

BTW he's by far the highest earning cast member on TVD, raking in $40k an episode (he's always in 'top TV earners' lists) so clearly the show's producers and network execs want him. There is no way he's going to be written off unless he wanted to quit (which AFAIK he doesn't).

yeah I agree with you on that actually, he was aawesome as Boone! loved that character, I think it's just fitting for the character really, he's got a lot of experience and work in TV in the past and it shows, he's not a bad actor at all imo anyway

yup, that makes sense - I'm kinda new to Paul Wesley as an actor but I think he's quite good too. As are the rest of the cast :biggrin:
Reply 591
Why have I never came across this thread before! :rolleyes: Just watched the new episode this morning.

Spoiler

Reply 592
I think the suggestions that werewolf bite might not kill because Damon staked Rose are wrong, because for one thing Jules new the effects perfectly, suggesting that she had in fact bitten vampires before and knew what would happen to them, and also it's been like a thousand years it's pretty obvious that it being fatal would have been a known fact considering how often vampires and werewolves fight!
Original post by Aimee91
It's called Skinny Love. The original is by Bon Iver but the version on the show is a cover by a 14 year old girl called Birdy.

Thanks, Im so out of touch with music :tongue:
Original post by tface
I think the suggestions that werewolf bite might not kill because Damon staked Rose are wrong, because for one thing Jules new the effects perfectly, suggesting that she had in fact bitten vampires before and knew what would happen to them, and also it's been like a thousand years it's pretty obvious that it being fatal would have been a known fact considering how often vampires and werewolves fight!

I think the solution will involve Elijah's elixir, otherwise that was pointlessly introduced for no apparent reason.
Reply 595
I think the solution will involve Elijah's elixir, otherwise that was pointlessly introduced for no apparent reason.

That was what I thought, but the trailer of the next episode makes me think something different. There is too much emphasis on the fact that Damon's death is a huge part of the episode, and if the whole episode was slowly getting more and more emotional about him dying etc and then all of a sudden one of them goes "Oh here drink this!" I can't imagine them making such an anti-climactic final :tongue:
Original post by tface
That was what I thought, but the trailer of the next episode makes me think something different. There is too much emphasis on the fact that Damon's death is a huge part of the episode, and if the whole episode was slowly getting more and more emotional about him dying etc and then all of a sudden one of them goes "Oh here drink this!" I can't imagine them making such an anti-climactic final :tongue:

lol so true! Well it could be that they don't know if it will work on a vampire, so he says his final goodbyes just in case it doesn't work etc, then he dies and they start crying etc only for him to wake up and be all fine again.

But that's so predictable so I hope they have something cooler in store for us to keep us on our toes till season 3.
Reply 597
lol so true! Well it could be that they don't know if it will work on a vampire, so he says his final goodbyes just in case it doesn't work etc, then he dies and they start crying etc only for him to wake up and be all fine again.

But that's so predictable so I hope they have something cooler in store for us to keep us on our toes till season 3.

Tbh I would like it if they cured him in the first 5 minutes and then got one with other stuff that we don't already know is going to happen :tongue: (and if they kill him, I may not watch season 3 haha!). If they have him, for example, drink the elixir and then collapse and then end the series on a cliffhanger (or a similar scenario for whatever cure they might come up with) I will find it hard not to punch through my laptop screen :mad: haha!
Reply 598
Interesting theories here.

Spoiler

Yeah, dont worry - everything will be dandy :u:

and just LOL at this thread now - its like a trolls dream - 'spoiler city' aha.
Original post by Phelps
Interesting theories here.

Spoiler

Yeah, dont worry - everything will be dandy :u:

and just LOL at this thread now - its like a trolls dream - 'spoiler city' aha.

lol Damon is Batman, of all the superheroes to use- Batman.

Quick Reply

Latest