The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Jordandan
Just got an offer, alcuin, pblock. Anyone else alc?

Original post by hannah9000
snap! what course are you? alcuin are obviously designating fast!

Haha, I lived in P block last year! What floor have you guys been allocated? :smile:
University of York
York
Dont know bout floor, just got told flat 2, block p. Have lots of good fun I hope? Any tips for uni? :biggrin:
Original post by sebastian.a
Mine isn't here yet but I will also apply for Le Page or Eric Milner-White. I still don't know which one to choose. I like that in Le Page you live with fewer people, but the Eric Milner building is bigger so you have the chance to meet more people. So you get to chose which court you want? Or you just choose the rent band? :biggrin:

Just the rent band, but I put Le Page in the additional comments bit. I wouldn't mind either but I swayed toward Le Page for some reason.
Reply 1983
Just finished my application, going for band 1 in Langwith. I asked them for a room in B block with a large window, above the ground floor. Don´t care if i am near the showers or next to a kitchen, I sleep like a rock when I sleep. ^^;
Anyone else here who went for Langwith?
Does anyone know if I am allowed to wear my glasses on the photo for my student id?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Wazeh
Haha, I lived in P block last year! What floor have you guys been allocated? :smile:

i'm top floor :smile:
Does anyone know how to cancel an accomodation application?
Reply 1986
Original post by billywest
Does anyone know how to cancel an accomodation application?

I think if you log onto evision, click the accommodation link you can view your application and then cancel if you want(?). I assume, if that's correct, you can then re-do your application and start again.
Reply 1987
Dont know bout floor, just got told flat 2, block p. Have lots of good fun I hope? Any tips for uni? :biggrin:

Ahhh flat 2, so you'll be on the ground floor.
Staying in Alcuin was brilliant! Can't fault it at all. The accommodation as you probably know is really cosy and because all the blocks are arranged around a grassy courtyard you to get to meet lots and lots of people :biggrin: You might be seeing me around during freshers as I'm a STYC (second and third year contact) for Block N, which is next to P block :smile:
Original post by p--O--w
I think if you log onto evision, click the accommodation link you can view your application and then cancel if you want(?). I assume, if that's correct, you can then re-do your application and start again.

Yeah man tried that, it's not having any of it for some reason. Thanks all the same. What's the Derwent crowd looking like this year?
Reply 1989
Original post by hannah9000
i'm top floor :smile:

Awesome, I lived on the middle floor last year. You get a brilliant view out the kitchen windows from P block. You overlook this hill which gets very slippery and muddy in the winter, the amount of fun we had watching people fall down it, haha. If there's any tips that I can give you it's that you should record some of these people falling over and send it in to you've been framed or something, earn yourself an easy £200 or so :biggrin:
Ahhh flat 2, so you'll be on the ground floor.
Staying in Alcuin was brilliant! Can't fault it at all. The accommodation as you probably know is really cosy and because all the blocks are arranged around a grassy courtyard you to get to meet lots and lots of people You might be seeing me around during freshers as I'm a STYC (second and third year contact) for Block N, which is next to P block

Awesome, know who P blocks STYC is? And how did you find it in flats, no conflicts or anything?
Reply 1991
Awesome, know who P blocks STYC is? And how did you find it in flats, no conflicts or anything?

As a matter of fact I do know the people that are STYCing P block, I'm not sure if any of them use TSR though! In about 2-3 weeks once the A level results are released each college will set up a facebook page with discussions groups so you can get to know the people you'll be living with and who your STYC's are going to be :smile:

The flats work very well, the rooms are fairly soundproof, so it's rare that you're disturbed by other people if you're looking to have a quiter evening :smile: There's more than enough space in the kitchen for food etc. (which is usually one of the sources of conflicts) so it's all good!
Reply 1992
Anyone who applied for Vanbrugh got an offer for accomodation yet? Haven't heard anything back yet, or any others who applied there!

Also - to others - how long did it take you to receive an offer?
Reply 1993
Original post by mattdst
Anyone who applied for Vanbrugh got an offer for accomodation yet? Haven't heard anything back yet, or any others who applied there!

Also - to others - how long did it take you to receive an offer?

Nah I haven't yet. I think it all depends on the college and time of applying.

I wouldn't sweat just yet, I think we'll hear back soon enough.

What band in Vanbrugh did you apply for? I myself went for Band 1B.
Original post by Wazeh
As a matter of fact I do know the people that are STYCing P block, I'm not sure if any of them use TSR though! In about 2-3 weeks once the A level results are released each college will set up a facebook page with discussions groups so you can get to know the people you'll be living with and who your STYC's are going to be :smile:

The flats work very well, the rooms are fairly soundproof, so it's rare that you're disturbed by other people if you're looking to have a quiter evening :smile: There's more than enough space in the kitchen for food etc. (which is usually one of the sources of conflicts) so it's all good!

I dont understand quite how it works though. Website says 2 flats per floor, but one kitchen? And is it true they dont put girls on ground floor?
Original post by amy.l
I'm in block J. I know what you mean! Happy it's sorted now though :smile:

Hehe. I'm in James Block J too. What flat?
Reply 1996
I dont understand quite how it works though. Website says 2 flats per floor, but one kitchen? And is it true they dont put girls on ground floor?

As far as I know, there's no policy which means that girls aren't placed on the bottom. No truth in that! Where did you hear that from? Just out of curiousity haha.

Yeah, there is 2 flats per floor (it's actually one long corridor split into 2). Each flat has 6 people in it. In the middle of the flats, there's a (very large) shared kitchen. So essentially you end up getting to know everyone on your floor. You can basically forget about there's 2 flats per floor, it feels like one because they're both connected :smile:
I hope that helps and makes sense! If not, don't worry, it will all be clear when you get there.
My sis said it was quite common at uni, probably having me on. And awesome, thats what I thought it'd be like. Cannot wait!
Reply 1998
Just booked my flight and now wanted to book a place on the bus from Manchester to York but they ask me to enter my arrival time in GMT, no clue what that is. Can anyone help me?
Reply 1999
Original post by p--O--w
Nah I haven't yet. I think it all depends on the college and time of applying.

I wouldn't sweat just yet, I think we'll hear back soon enough.

What band in Vanbrugh did you apply for? I myself went for Band 1B.

That's what I was thinking as well. Might be a different process - I saw on facebook that people looking to apply to Vanburgh couldn't for that Band, so I'm guessing when we apply it removes that place?

I went for Band 1B twin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending