The Student Room Group

Loughborough V Leicester

For sociology?

I really love Leicester as a uni and city but now i have an offer from Loughborough. (I'm a reapplicant)

Leicester offer : BBB

Loughborough: 300points.

Would i be silly to insurance L'borough? I'm doing re-takes and told i should get ABB/ABC

Reply 1
You should definitely have a uni with lower points than BBB/300, because they're the same.

Choose one or the other would be my advise. If you can't get BBB then you most likely won't be able to get into a university that's asking for 300 :/
Reply 2
I have been told i'll get ABC/ ABB as i was only a few marks off to of my exams which is equal to 300points.

I just dont want to put my uncondtional offer as my insurance incase i do get ABC and then i'm stuck in a much lower uni when i should have got into a better one. If that makes sense.
Reply 3
Original post by molly2005
I have been told i'll get ABC/ ABB as i was only a few marks off to of my exams which is equal to 300points.

I just dont want to put my uncondtional offer as my insurance incase i do get ABC and then i'm stuck in a much lower uni when i should have got into a better one. If that makes sense.

Loughborough and Leicester are pretty much neck and neck with one another. I don't understand all this 'better uni' stuff. Just choose the best course for you. Go for one's with placements or years abroad if that appeals to you, 'cause employers are looking for more and more work experience, as opposed to qualifications.
Reply 4
Go visit, compare courses, look at the accommodation etc. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Lu-x
Go visit, compare courses, look at the accommodation etc. :smile:

What she said :smile:
It's the only way you're going to find out.
Take your parents with you as well if you can't make your mind up.
Reply 6
Just last year i ended up in a uni i wouldn't have classed as good, it was more average.

I don't want this to happen. Leicester has probably more appeal if im honest.
Original post by molly2005
Just last year i ended up in a uni i wouldn't have classed as good, it was more average.

I don't want this to happen. Leicester has probably more appeal if im honest.

Boo hiss. Loughborough FTW :tongue:

Seriously, choose the one which you prefer having visited it and weighed up your preferences on the things that are important to you :smile:
Reply 8
Ive applied for sociology too and Ive applied to Leicester. They both have good reps for sociology, however IMO Leicester is a better city. I've heard Loughborough is boring, but dont take my word for it. Overall though, I'd say Leicester!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending