The Student Room Group

Did really badly in Chemistry AS (Jan), scared I might get kicked off the course

The Chemistry department kicks off anyone who gets a U.

I revised well for the exam (theory/text book stuff), but I didnt expect alot of the content that came up.
I think I screwed it up completely, and I don't think I can even get 10%, I've been working really hard, ever since Jan though, and I have been getting A-A* in weekly assignments, topic tests, and practical assesments; and I was getting C/B before January.
The problem is that I'm scared the exam result is going to get me kicked off the course - the department has done it before, so they're quite harsh - even to people in my situation.

I don't know what to do, I really need chemistry for my uni application should I speak to my teacher about this before the results day (within 10 days) and say something to her?
Reply 1
i dont think that'l be the case if your getting A-A*s in tests etc

surely they can see you have the potential :lol:

plus you can always retake :smile: chill
(edited 13 years ago)
Your Chemistry department is quite clearly in the wrong here.
Reply 3
did you speak to your teacher? What did you get and what did they say? I am in the same position as you were in :s-smilie: Help please.
Reply 4
Me too. Despite studying so much, I still got bad results. I'm worried that it'll pull down my CGPA marks, which will cause me to lose my scholarship. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending