The Student Room Group

Adult nursing interview. HELP PLZ

Hi there all, im new to this site and would like to ask anyone who has had an interview or who is on an adult nursing course. What it is, I am currently undergoing an access course and have a interview nxt month for adult nursing. Can anyone tell me what to expect, what type of questions are asked, basically what do they look for. This course is really something I want to do, and I dont want to mess my chance up. I am getting a little worried and just want some advice plz xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
we are in the shoe. av being asking d same question.no answer yet.
Reply 2
I have my interview this friday for adult nursing so please help me! What are the interviews like? I will also have a group discussion/interview and i heard some stuff about people just cutting in while your still talking to sabotage your chances! is this true? also, what are the math and english exam/assessments like?
Reply 3
hi everyone i have an interview for adult nursing and do not know what to expect please any ideas?
Reply 4
Hi all.. The interviews I have been to have basically wanted to know why you have chosen nursing, what current issues are in the news and some may ask about different scenarios and what you would do.. Hope this helps :-)
Reply 5
hi there,

thank you for replying to us all.

ive got my interview this week and im not that good with maths is the maths and english tests hard? or is it mainly common sense?

what university are you studying adult nursing at ?

Thank you, hope you can answer
Reply 6
I have a firm choice of hull and insurance choice of York. I was advised to look on ks3 bitesize for maths and do revision of number which is conversions, decimals, percentages etc. :-)
Reply 7
thank you so much JoJo. so when is your interview? and im not really good at maths so im hoping i can do well because this is my chance to get into a university before clearing starts.
Reply 8
I had mine a while ago now, I am due to start Adult Nursing at Hull in September, on the conditions I get the grades required from my exams. When is your interview? Where are you hoping to be studying?
Reply 9
hi there, thank you for replying to my message.
ive got my interviw this thursday at Anglia ruskin university. i do not know what to expect. please help me. like what questions are mostly asked on the maths test? and hw long do u get? on the english test what is it mainly on?
Reply 10
wooow!
i need to read this and get back to you hopefully u can reply to me faster. thank yu soo much
Reply 11
i just finished reading what you had just wrote, and i want to thank you so much for helping me and replying to my question ASAP. very thankful for this. i may seem to annoy u but im just nervoud about my exam because its thursday i do have time to look over questions and revise but im really scared. i didnt do that well in GCSE maths so i really need to work hard and pass this interview because im really passion about studying adult nursing. ive been declined byu all 5 universitys which was a mistake i put down midwifrey so now im in extra ive been offered an interview at anglia ruskin so really i see it as my only chance so i need to try my best and do very well! me and maths are not friends at all! so i really need to focus on that especially. anglia ruskin university dont really have that much information on numeracy test and stuff to get prepared for my interview but u have helped me so much and i apperciate it. thank you. so what really comes up in the maths test? is it really hard. they said its a Level 2 maths and english exam so where should i revise? please get bk to me.
Thank you
Reply 12
Original post by JJ_92
thank you. so what really comes up in the maths test? is it really hard. they said its a Level 2 maths and english exam so where should i revise? please get bk to me.
Thank you

You're very welcome :smile: I know how nerve racking it can seem, it is your future after all :tongue: and when youre passionate about doing something it's hard getting rejections and picking yourself back up again.
Well my advice about Anglia Ruskin in general would be not too think about it as your last chance, otherwise your going to put yourself under too much pressure, just think of it as a chance, and try to keep focused and not panic. Remeber it's a seriously good sign that they want to interview you it means they think youre a good candidate and now they just want to make sure you fit the course.
Midwifery is really competitive, thats what i originally wanted to apply for but i thought it was to risky due to how fiercley competitive it is. So don't beat yourself up about it i know loads of people that applied and got rejections for midwifery.

The maths test, like i said in my other post its not horrid, i'd say it's a bit easier than GCSE. BBC bitesize gcse revision is really good as they have games ( which really helps because my brain usually see's a page of maths and shuts down :tongue: )
The games will make it a little more fun and theyll allow you to assess your level at the moment and see what you need to work on.
I was very lucky in that my dad helped me, wrote up some questions and marked them for me and talked me through where i went wrong.

Just like you i didnt have much time though because i left it till the last minutes (did i mention me and maths realllly dont get along :tongue: ) i just put it off because i didnt want to do it, but with a bit of revision and wiritng myself notes, doing my times tables in the shower ect. it wasnt too bad.

The questions arent as difficult as you expect them to be i would say there easy- medium.

I was only sent one revision list out of all of my info packs, from the university of worcester, they included, to revise:

Addition
Subtraction
Division
Multiplication
Ratios
Percentages
Conversions

The list of revision resources they sent me were:
www.move-on.org
www.skillsforhealth.org.uk (this ones difficult to find you should try searching in google skills for health org initial numeracy asseement tools, it's really good when you do find it though)
www.bbc.co.uk/learning/subject/maths.shtml
keyskill4u.com
bbc bitesize GCSE maths

This is just worcester's list though, did they give you any info on what would be expected in your information pack?

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
oh yeah sorry i fogot to mention. the really big question i have is do they ask you what your strengths and weakness are? if so what can i say because dont they want an answer that links to that question ? :smile:
Reply 14
thank you again. your great help. if i could meet you now ill giv you one big hugg LOOL. ive been dreading to get answers and finally found a place where i can get some help on my questions. many thanks. you now what i didnt get nothing apart from go on moveon they didnt really give me websites where i can revise. i gues if i can get crackin right now ill be prepared until thursday i know i will :smile: ill be gettin ready for my maths and ill print some things out so when im on my way to the university ill read over all notes in the car :smile: now sorry to ask again the english test what kind of things would be asked ? is it like a case study or just general questions? xx :smile:
Reply 15
oh youve been so great, now its just my maths! im just gonna revise all day today tommorow and thursday ill have to be up early anyways my interview time is at 9am! so fingers crossed for me! so after the interview do you know how long it takes for them to tell you weather youve been successful or not? and on the day of ur interview did u have to pay for your CRB check foam ? x
Reply 16
usually within a week some quicker than others :smile: annnnnd nope, some unis dont even get you to fill out the form but you definitley won't have to pay for it (Y)
Reply 17
my unviersity told me to pay 40 pounds for a CRB they sent me the forms with all the couments they told me to bring to the interview. im jus so scaredd!! lord i just dont know what to expect! but ill tell u this now. i just hope i pass because im really passion bout this. its my future. do you know anything about if a person goes and didnt do well in the exam but did well in the group interview like the way they talk about themselves and get involved in the conversation they could still pass them? or is it mainly marked on how well the person does in the exam? when you went for your interview were there more than 30 people or less? xx
Reply 18
Hie jj_92

I was just looking on Here for people in similar situations as myself. I Read that u went for an interview for nursing at Anglia Ruskin. How was it and what was the format and questions? I would really appreciate some insight because I've got an interview there soon and tipS would be very welcome!

Reply 19
Hi I just wanted to ask would your interview still be in process if you don't pass the maths and English test? I am really nervous because it's on Wednesday and I'm not the best with my maths and English ....

Latest

Trending

Trending