The Student Room Group

Adult nursing interview!!

I've had 3 interviews this week with MMU LBU and UoL and I thought it would be good to share my experience for anyone out there who's stressing (that was me lol)

You should write notes on the NHS core values because that's essentially what they're looking. eg key words such as compassion and respect should be implemented to your answers to show your understanding.
Also look into the CODE for an in-depth understanding of nurse expectations.

There are a lot of questions that I saw were repetitively used and you should be prepared!! Such as:
Why you want to be a nurse - take this as a opportunity to talk about your inspirations, your drive and what experience you have in relation to healthcare.
Your strengths and weaknesses - (if youre struggling try out the 16personality quiz) understand yourself and find out traits you can apply to nursing. As for weaknesses, talk about them and how you will overcome them.
They may ask WHY adult nursing in particular as there is child nursing and mental health - find differences between them.
What are the expectations of a nurse - have a good understanding of their role and responsibilities.

Other than that, remember that this is an interview, and you should essentially sell yourself to the interviewer to why you are the perfect candidate. Take every opportunity to say key words from the NHS core values and about your own personal experiences and what you've learnt from them. Don't rush, take a breather and relax - just think of it as a conversation as it should be an enjoyable experience.

Last note: look over the course and what you'll be learning (they threw me off in a question with what content they would be learning)
But other than that, you'll do amazing! dont overstress like me haha
Remember to smile too!!!!!
Original post by gleerydeery
I've had 3 interviews this week with MMU LBU and UoL and I thought it would be good to share my experience for anyone out there who's stressing (that was me lol)

You should write notes on the NHS core values because that's essentially what they're looking. eg key words such as compassion and respect should be implemented to your answers to show your understanding.

There are a lot of questions that I saw were repetitively used and you should be prepared!! Such as:
Why you want to be a nurse - take this as a opportunity to talk about your inspirations, your drive and what experience you have in relation to healthcare.
Your strengths and weaknesses - (if youre struggling try out the 16personality quiz) understand yourself and find out traits you can apply to nursing. As for weaknesses, talk about them and how you will overcome them.
They may ask WHY adult nursing in particular as there is child nursing and mental health - find differences between them.
What are the expectations of a nurse - have a good understanding of their role and responsibilities.

Other than that, remember that this is an interview, and you should essentially sell yourself to the interviewer to why you are the perfect candidate. Take every opportunity to say key words from the NHS core values and about your own personal experiences and what you've learnt from them. Don't rush, take a breather and relax - just think of it as a conversation as it should be an enjoyable experience.

Last note: look over the course and what you'll be learning (they threw me off in a question with what content they would be learning)

This is really helpful thank you!
Original post by gleerydeery

thank you for this! i have my adult nursing interview next week and i've been so nervous and had no idea what to expect, so this was really helpful :smile:
Original post by amarlovespesto
thank you for this! i have my adult nursing interview next week and i've been so nervous and had no idea what to expect, so this was really helpful :smile:
Hi,

Did you hear back from MMU in the end from your interview and if so how long did it take them to give you an offer? Just had my interview today and wanted to know what time frame im looking at

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending