The Student Room Group

HI! ? A Levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by whiteside
Ah right, I see. Yeah and I suppose it does look a bit like a plus having five :smile:
Surely you can still go to Oxbridge if you do Drama? It just depends on what course you want to take there.
Yeah :smile: Ooh, I might check those out, thankyou :smile: Hopefully that will help me choose :smile:
Yes, exactly! Ahh, maybe they'll get a little bit of everything, and then hopefully there will be atleast one that you like :smile: I'd be over the moon as well, getting pick'n'mix in my exam! Oh my gosh! Really? That wasn't good enough? That's crazy!

You can, but they prefer "traditional" subjects so I'll supposedly have less chance of getting in.
It wasn't good enough because everyone else got A*s, and after that I was kind of excluded from the class. Everyone would joke about how I was the stupid one etc. and my teacher would always say "Come on guys, you all got A*s! Well, except laura" which was kind of depressing :tongue: Apparently that was the moment my "deep rooted psychological fear of maths exams" kicked in. Then, between mocks and real exams I went from a B to an E in ad maths, A to a U in AS maths in year 11 and A to a D in core 1 this january. Fingers crossed for retakes! :biggrin:
I just realised how unclear that was, sorry, I'm in Year 11 and choosing my A Levels to take them next year.
I've chosen Maths, Psychology, ICT and Philosophy, so two the same as you :smile:
Are Psychology and ICT hard? Because I've heard Psychology is supposed to be.

for the record ICT requires hardly any work. i revised a few days before my exams and now in the summer i only need to get 47 out of 80 overall in my coursework to get an A. take it for an easy A! ...like everyone else lol
Reply 62
Original post by Sophiee1
I know; ahh!!!
And I do enjoy them, I just really don't know what to do with them :frown: Gonna have to do some serious re-search into what careers actually exist!!

Wow, that's some dedication!! :smile: Wish I was as good as you... :colondollar: That's so good though :smile: Bet you're predicted really high grades? :smile:

Well, Chemistry and Biology are really good for Medicine? If you think that's interesting.

It's just sticking to it now, aha :smile:
Umm, kind of. Mostly B's and a A and two C's I think. But I want to try and do really well in everything, and get better than my TMG in some stuff, atleast then I'll be more prepared for College and Uni as well.
Reply 63
Original post by laura94
You can, but they prefer "traditional" subjects so I'll supposedly have less chance of getting in.
It wasn't good enough because everyone else got A*s, and after that I was kind of excluded from the class. Everyone would joke about how I was the stupid one etc. and my teacher would always say "Come on guys, you all got A*s! Well, except laura" which was kind of depressing :tongue: Apparently that was the moment my "deep rooted psychological fear of maths exams" kicked in. Then, between mocks and real exams I went from a B to an E in ad maths, A to a U in AS maths in year 11 and A to a D in core 1 this january. Fingers crossed for retakes! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, of course. Most Uni's do.
That's not fair! A is still amazing! Teachers shouldn't put students down like that, they're there to support you, not rub it in your face when people get higher.
Yeah, that's good. Atleast you get to retake them, then you can prove everyone wrong! :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by llamalad200
for the record ICT requires hardly any work. i revised a few days before my exams and now in the summer i only need to get 47 out of 80 overall in my coursework to get an A. take it for an easy A! ...like everyone else lol

Really? Ah, that's cool. Hopefully I really will be ok then. Well done on that :smile:
I've chosen Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature. In one sixth form I also picked Physics, and in another History :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by nerdfighter28
I've chosen Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature. In one sixth form I also picked Physics, and in another History :smile:

Oh cool. Do you know what you want to do?
I'm taking biology, chemistry, maths, further maths and latin (random I know :smile:)
Reply 68
Heya,
yeah, I'm choosing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Business Studies, phwoar seems like a bit of a mouthful :/
(No idea about why I chose business though, just thought it would be a nice backup, if Physics goes down the drain, results wise that is.)
Hopefully I'll manage : )
Original post by joanna-eve
Lol I suppose she is right in a way as procrastination doesn't get you anywhere :dontknow:
But for primary education I would recommend english lit & a science, especially over graphics? Because they are more general and you're not really gonna teach much 'art' :P

I concur; Graphics is going to be practically useless, unless you somehow can get five-year olds to design pizza boxes... :tongue:

English Literature, Chemistry, French would be fine A2 subjects.

Obviously there are variations of a Primary school teacher subject combination; this is just one of them.
Oh cool. Do you know what you want to do?

Study medicine, hopefully be a doctor :biggrin: I've chosen Literature and History because I just enjoy them so much+ I love reading :smile:

What about you?
Reply 71
Original post by xxKiaraxx
I'm taking biology, chemistry, maths, further maths and latin (random I know :smile:)

Wow, Latin, how interesting :smile:
Cool. Do you know what you want to do?
Reply 72
Original post by Banger
Heya,
yeah, I'm choosing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Business Studies, phwoar seems like a bit of a mouthful :/
(No idea about why I chose business though, just thought it would be a nice backup, if Physics goes down the drain, results wise that is.)
Hopefully I'll manage : )

Aha, cool :smile:
Yes, that's good thinking :smile:
Do you know what you want to be?
Reply 73
Original post by nerdfighter28
Study medicine, hopefully be a doctor :biggrin: I've chosen Literature and History because I just enjoy them so much+ I love reading :smile:

What about you?

Aww, lovely :smile:
That's good, atleast you have an interest in all your subjects then.

I want to become a Midwife :smile: so I'll do Midwifery for three years at Uni.
Reply 74
I'm in year 11 to, I'm taking maths, computing, economics and psychology
Reply 75
Aha, cool :smile:
Yes, that's good thinking :smile:
Do you know what you want to be?

Thanks,
I always did want to do something in Medicine/Genetics, but after finding out that it's almost compulsory to do Chem at A-Level I kind of gave up on that ambition, seeing that in my class we had a lack of a Chemistry teacher for a year and a bit of our GCSE, so after having a talk with my uncle he persuaded me to pick Physics, (he's done a degree in Engineering of some sort), and finding it fairly intresting, decided to attempt to pursue something in another route of physics,
All in all I'd love to go into Astrophysics : )
-sorry to make it that long :]
Reply 76
Original post by Implo
I'm in year 11 to, I'm taking maths, computing, economics and psychology

I'm taking Maths and Psychology as well :smile: Then, I'm taking ICT, so close, aha :smile:
But then I'm taking Philosophy not Economics.
Do you know what you want to do?
Reply 77
Original post by Banger
Thanks,
I always did want to do something in Medicine/Genetics, but after finding out that it's almost compulsory to do Chem at A-Level I kind of gave up on that ambition, seeing that in my class we had a lack of a Chemistry teacher for a year and a bit of our GCSE, so after having a talk with my uncle he persuaded me to pick Physics, (he's done a degree in Engineering of some sort), and finding it fairly intresting, decided to attempt to pursue something in another route of physics,
All in all I'd love to go into Astrophysics : )
-sorry to make it that long :]

Aww, it's fine. It wasn't really that long :smile:
Oh cool, that's a shame about Medicine. What's Astrophysics? Sorry, I've never heard of it :smile:
Wow, Latin, how interesting :smile:
Cool. Do you know what you want to do?

Yep interesting is one word for it :P and I want to study medicine at uni :smile:
What about you?
Reply 79
I'm taking Maths and Psychology as well :smile: Then, I'm taking ICT, so close, aha :smile:
But then I'm taking Philosophy not Economics.
Do you know what you want to do?

Oh cool :smile: Yeah I want to do something in computing, want to do computer science or software engineering or something like that involving computing in university :P What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest