The Student Room Group

AQA Geography A* resit policy

I've done Unit 2 in january and I got a C (38/60 ums) I think I'd want to resit because I just bombed on that paper and got an A in a mock without revision -.^

But if I resit I know universities know my first grade but that's not the issue, the problem is I've heard of a rule stating that if you resit it is impossible for you to get an A* next year overall in A2 even if you get 80%+ in AS, 90%+ in A2?

Can anyone clarify this, because on the Student Room article it says that any subsequent resit will allow you to get an A* but the "proof" of this is from the edexcel website not AQA...

*Stupid exam boards need to make this whole issue clearer...*
Reply 1
Nah, resits allowed for A*
Reply 2
Im pretty sure thats not true.
But even if it was (which i dont think it is) you'd still be better to resit it because itll be a tougher task to get an a with a c in a module
Reply 3
Yes but unit 1 is worth 140 ums, so I'd need 122+ for an A overall but the usual A for that unit is 112 anyways? If i got 60/60 for unit 2 I'd still need a sort of mid-B so I'm contemplating working my socks off because I think I can get 140/140 *=]* but if resits don't effect the A* then I might aswell resit, nothing to lose eh?
Reply 4
Original post by dzone25
Yes but unit 1 is worth 140 ums, so I'd need 122+ for an A overall but the usual A for that unit is 112 anyways? If i got 60/60 for unit 2 I'd still need a sort of mid-B so I'm contemplating working my socks off because I think I can get 140/140 *=]* but if resits don't effect the A* then I might aswell resit, nothing to lose eh?

Exactly.
Reply 5
Original post by tehforum
Exactly.

But I have a small doubt that it does effect A* =[ Oh **** it I'll resit
Reply 6
Original post by dzone25
But I have a small doubt that it does effect A* =[ Oh **** it I'll resit

Nah, its fine, otherwise my teachers would be banging on about how resits prevent you getting an A*, it doesn't.
Reply 7
I thnik I'll add you lol.... you've helped twice is aout a week xD
I know people that got A"s in geography and did a resit, although I do know one that didn't have to resit anything and got an A* and is not at oxford.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending