The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Firmers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chr1stopher11
Hello everyone. I couldn't find a thread where everyone's names were listed who have already firmed King's as well as their subject and I thought it would be quite useful to have one. If you want added to the list please QUOTE ME with your username and subject. I hope everyone gets the grades they need and bring on September!

SleepySheep- English Lang and Lit :awesome:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 341
Original post by SleepySheep
SleepySheep- English Lang and Lit :awesome:

rachael.m....MSc Nutrition
Reply 342
Hey :smile:
I'm moving to London from Dublin to do a Masters in Kings's....Ive no idea where to try to get accommodation!!! any recommendations?? :confused:
Original post by rachael.m
rachael.m....MSc Nutrition

You've quoted the wrong person, you need to quote chr1stopher11 :smile:

But sorry, no idea on accomm., living at home.
Reply 344
Original post by RomanticChrissy

Haha sorry!!
Original post by Megan Waller
Hi all, i have been given a place to do Midwifery at King's starting September and am so excited but so much to get my head round. I have been given Hughes Parry Halls, is anyone else in the same position? Or in the Garden intercollegiate halls doing Midwifery or nursing? Thanks Megan

:hi: I'm not in the intercollegiates but congrats on getting into King's! I've added you to the list as well. :smile:
Cheers Chris! Although it seems my induction starts on the 22nd and my official class date is the 27th ;D

Ah cool. Yeah it might not be those exact dates but it will be in those weeks anyway. The geography department has a really cool induction as some of the events include: a boat ride, a "treasure hunt" around London and buffet lunch. Yay! XD

Ah it's ok. I saw her comment anyway. :smile: ... That rhymed! XD
I'm moving to London from Dublin to do a Masters in Kings's....Ive no idea where to try to get accommodation!!! any recommendations?? :confused:

Hi :smile:. You might want to have a look at:

http://www.unite-students.com/

http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/

You could also try and find some other students in the same position as you on Facebook (try the King's fresher's page on Facebook), or it also seems as if people on here are looking for flat-shares, maybe you could message them.You could always have a look on letting agents' websites or go into their shops in London.

Oh and btw it is fine for not quoting me lots don't do it, it's just easier for me if you do. I've also added you to the list. I feel like that is all I say on this thread... I've added you to the list over and over again. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah cool. Yeah it might not be those exact dates but it will be in those weeks anyway. The geography department has a really cool induction as some of the events include: a boat ride, a "treasure hunt" around London and buffet lunch. Yay! XD

OMG I WISH I DID GEOG NOW *JEALOUS*

Ah it's ok. I saw her comment anyway. :smile: ... That rhymed! XD

Haha, nice :cool:

I feel like that is all I say on this thread... I've added you to the list over and over again. :tongue:

Do you have it on C+P? :tongue:
OMG I WISH I DID GEOG NOW *JEALOUS*

:awesome: Geog has the best induction coz we study the best subject eva! :tongue: So I assume that I'll now be seeing you in my lectures since you'll be changing to geog? I'll put your name under geog now instead of English Language and Communication?? :tongue:

Haha, nice :cool:

LOL I KNOW! I have such a way with words!!

Do you have it on C+P? :tongue:

Yeah lol. Sometimes I awake from a sleep muttering "I've added you to the list. I've added you to the list. I've added......". XD
:awesome: Geog has the best induction coz we study the best subject eva! :tongue: So I assume that I'll now be seeing you in my lectures since you'll be changing to geog? I'll put your name under geog now instead of English Language and Communication?? :tongue:

Haha :P In my dreams xD

Yeah lol. Sometimes I awake from a sleep muttering "I've added you to the list. I've added you to the list. I've added......". XD

That actually cracked me up :lol:
Haha :P In my dreams xD

Go on! You know you want to join the awesome geog club! XD

That actually cracked me up :lol:

:biggrin: Glad you liked it :tongue:.

What's the highlight of your induction? Does you department have anything organised for it?
Go on! You know you want to join the awesome geog club! XD

I doo, you lucky people! :frown:

What's the highlight of your induction? Does you department have anything organised for it?

Not a bloody clue...

But I have a theory that English teachers tend to always be good looking (they were in my secondary school and sixth form, anyway) so I'm hoping for a really hot lecturer??
I doo, you lucky people! :frown:

I know :frown: It must be hard not having a boat cruise on the first week to meet people :cry2:

Not a bloody clue...

But I have a theory that English teachers tend to always be good looking (they were in my secondary school and sixth form, anyway) so I'm hoping for a really hot lecturer??

AHAHA, I hope so. Some nice eye candy :tongue:. Most of my English teachers have been old grumpy and ugly men and there was only one nice looking teacher in the department. There was this one hot student teacher :sogood:. Unfortunately I wasn't in any of his classes :frown:. Just in general my school really really REALLY lacked decent/hot teachers. Sad times. King's better be an improvement!!! :angry: :tongue:
I know :frown: It must be hard not having a boat cruise on the first week to meet people :cry2:

:cry2:

AHAHA, I hope so. Some nice eye candy :tongue:. Most of my English teachers have been old grumpy and ugly men and there was only one nice looking teacher in the department. There was this one hot student teacher :sogood:. Unfortunately I wasn't in any of his classes :frown:. Just in general my school really really REALLY lacked decent/hot teachers. Sad times. King's better be an improvement!!! :angry: :tongue:

Mmmmm hot trainee teachers.... mmm we did have a very fit one. She was hottt... :sogood: But haha, I agree XD
Reply 355

Hey I'm in the same boat. I'm from Dublin and going over to do a masters in Kings College. I've sent a few emails off after looking here: http://housing.lon.ac.uk/sclnew/scl_home.php

have a trawl through the ads and see what ya can find. Some of the private Student halls are a rip off. better off getting a houseshare or flatshare
Reply 356
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by arunz
Any freshers got welcome packs/enrolment emails yet?

Haven't had a welcome pack but I've had enrolment emails.
Haven't had a welcome pack but I've had enrolment emails.

I havent even gotten an enrollment email. when did u get yours?
Original post by maxcartwright
I havent even gotten an enrollment email. when did u get yours?

On the 22nd I got an email about info on (real life) enrolment, induction, and official start date. Today I got an email on online enrolment. Maybe your dept. haven't gotten round to it yet?

Quick Reply

Latest