The Student Room Group

Quick question (about grades)

Really quick question, just wanted to know people's opinions, out of curiosity. :tongue:

What do you think is better?

A*A*AA or A*A*A*B at A - Level
Reply 1
2nd option, because unis only look at the first 3 in most cases.
Reply 2
surely depends in what subjects. I personally would think that a student is more clever with a A in Maths than an A* in something less difficult like Business Studies
Reply 3
Original post by Tempa
2nd option, because unis only look at the first 3 in most cases.

Just reading the first post I would have said A*A*AA just because they're all As but then this ^ makes sense too. I guess since most universities only ask for 3 A Levels then getting 3 A*s is amazing, and the B is just a bonus. But either way, it's impressive.
Reply 4
Original post by okapobcfc08
surely depends in what subjects. I personally would think that a student is more clever with a A in Maths than an A* in something less difficult like Business Studies

Ok so compairng two very different subjects who use essentially completely different skill sets .. and people who are good at one will nbever automatically be good at the other... but i'll let the ignorance slide.

Little information for you.

It is impossible to get 100% in any large written part of the business studies a-level.
Or shall i say, it is impossible to guarantee it.

It is very much possible to get 100% in any maths module

So, if i get 100% in a business studies coursework worth 50% of the A2 year work.
Someone get's 100% in a maths exam worth the same.
Only an idiot would think the maths student has done better.

Think i'm wrong? Go ask the maths and business lecturers at warwick university. They'll tell you the same they told me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Tommyjw
Someone clearly doesn't understand exams.

Let me put it this way.
It is impossible to get 100% in business studies.

It is very much possible to get 100% in maths.

Let aloonneee the fact they use completely different skill sets thus you can;t essentially compare them.

Or were you trying to be elitist in some way?
To which, you failed, because you lack common sense, unfortunate :smile:

lol mate calm down, I never said anything about getting 100%? And I think I can compare to some extent mate since I did Maths and Business, and I certainly know which one is harder. Why would I be elitist, I think you should just chill out mate, no need to take such a dismissive stance :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Tommyjw
Ok so compairng two very different subjects who use essentially completely different skill sets .. and people who are good at one will nbever automatically be good at the other... but i'll let the ignorance slide.

Little information for you.

It is impossible to get 100% in any large written part of the business studies a-level.
Or shall i say, it is impossible to guarantee it.

It is very much possible to get 100% in any maths module

So, if i get 100% in a business studies coursework worth 50% of the A2 year work.
Someone get's 100% in a maths exam worth the same.
Only an idiot would think the maths student has done better.

Think i'm wrong? Go ask the maths and business lecturers at warwick university. They'll tell you the same they told me.

lol did you edit after I came back with a reply mate. Yes I agree it is impossible to guarantee 100%. It is not "very much" possible, as you make it sound easy, but yes it is possible to get 100% in any maths module. But I don't get where your taking my post mate. You are comparing individual module results, whereas I'm saying overall grade. But, since I have done both, Ill throw something at you.

A-Level Business I got ABBB, Maths I got AABBBC. Now you tell me which one is better mate. If you say first one, fair play than mate I'll accept your opinion, but let's not make ourself look petty by arguing over such a issue :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest