The Student Room Group

media studies

does anyone here or has previously studied the eduqas examination board for media studies and has any advice on how to achieve an A grade in the subject? any tips on structure, answering, deconstructing the question and revision techniques and so forth I'm interested in learning new things about the subject. Although, I am doing really well in the subject and have achieved and continue to achieve top marks I would like further knowledge on how to achieve consistent A-A* grades.
Reply 1
Original post by kaylahisthe23
does anyone here or has previously studied the eduqas examination board for media studies and has any advice on how to achieve an A grade in the subject? any tips on structure, answering, deconstructing the question and revision techniques and so forth I'm interested in learning new things about the subject. Although, I am doing really well in the subject and have achieved and continue to achieve top marks I would like further knowledge on how to achieve consistent A-A* grades.

hey, I am also doing A level media. I am not currently getting the grades I want in this subject because I don't know how to revise the content. Could you please give me some tips as I really need it!!
Reply 2

Hey do you have any resources or recommendations or websites where I can view for AQA AS level pls?

Quick question,is media studies interestin?Could u pls give me an overview of what it will be like because i m still not sure if i should opt for it.
Reply 4
I’ve done media studies and it’s so pointless lol unless you actually got passion for media industry otherwise it’s just a essay based subject. Developing your critical thinking. Think of it as English literature, you will be memorising different parts of media like music videos, newspapers etc and answer a essay question, analysing. Seems pointless tbh. I don’t regret doing media studies but I expected more from the subject. Or maybe because I did it in covid era so there wasn’t much to do like trips, filming etc the coursework part is fun where you choose 1 thing you wanna do like create a magazine, short film. But the coursework has like 15 criteria’s that you must meet so it doesn’t even give you must freedom. I chose to do film. Only thing interesting in the whole 2 years.
Original post by ToGodly
I’ve done media studies and it’s so pointless lol unless you actually got passion for media industry otherwise it’s just a essay based subject. Developing your critical thinking. Think of it as English literature, you will be memorising different parts of media like music videos, newspapers etc and answer a essay question, analysing. Seems pointless tbh. I don’t regret doing media studies but I expected more from the subject. Or maybe because I did it in covid era so there wasn’t much to do like trips, filming etc the coursework part is fun where you choose 1 thing you wanna do like create a magazine, short film. But the coursework has like 15 criteria’s that you must meet so it doesn’t even give you must freedom. I chose to do film. Only thing interesting in the whole 2 years.

sounds so much like socio,honestly hate the essay lenght answers. Sounds like something i would not do lol,any subject recommedation u got?
Reply 6
Original post by areebaumair
sounds so much like socio,honestly hate the essay lenght answers. Sounds like something i would not do lol,any subject recommedation u got?

Subject of love 😏… I’m Jkk 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending