The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

who's the soc leader going to be? Anyone ever watched 40D? they have no angels on there, and its BRILLIANT! SUCH a realistic insight into nursing, we've all been there with the hangovers on the ward...and had the arrogant doctors lol. I'd fully reccomend it to all those studying/waiting to study, it's brill, very funny!
i though it was so **** i watched every episode. there are some astute observations but i think it is chock ******* full of unhelpful steretypes, so much so that i have very little good to say about it.
I agree with the above post. i've never had a hang over on the ward as i dont touch anything alcoholic the night before. Its irrisponsible and you have a Duty of Care as you would be working with vunrable patients and they do not deserve to have this treatment.Also the doctors where I do placement are amazing, admittedly some are a bit obnoxious but you get that anywhere. I think that show gives nurses a bad name and its a load of crap. I prefer scrubs, as it may not be realistic in terms on communication between staff and their relationships, the messages are pretty damn accurate and so are the roles.
Ugh, there's absolutely nothing worse than know it all student nurses. It must be painful for qualified nurses to have to listen to it. I'm not even a student nurse just yet and I find it a bit irritating.
well i posted something offensive but it got removed, but i will say... i score quite highly on the dont give a **** chart but think it is totally inappropriate to put yourself into a position where you are giving drugs out to so many people with so mu ch opportunity for error whilst hung over or still drunk.
Davey jones, helen foster. If you both don't behave appropiately don't behave at all! Yes nursing has crap days, but the soc is here to share and support and not belittle others.

Thanks
you started nursing yet?
He has a point though Anna.
I was dispensing meds yesterday (under close supervision of course) and it is actually bloody hard.
Imagine 100-150 drugs infront of you, keeping your eye on the patient, on the chart, on the doses. its a lot to think about and it is so easy to make a mistake.
I'd say if I was a ward manager or deputy or anyone with authoirty, I'd send that nurse home. you just cant afford to be drunk or hungover.

grumble about placement seeing as it is a soc. a patient had a mini heart attack today and i just froze-its something i wasnt ready for but i picked myself back and did his obs 3 times wholst waiting for the paramedic...just shows how bad a day can be i guess
herbal bug
He has a point though Anna.
I was dispensing meds yesterday (under close supervision of course) and it is actually bloody hard.
Imagine 100-150 drugs infront of you, keeping your eye on the patient, on the chart, on the doses. its a lot to think about and it is so easy to make a mistake.
I'd say if I was a ward manager or deputy or anyone with authoirty, I'd send that nurse home. you just cant afford to be drunk or hungover.

grumble about placement seeing as it is a soc. a patient had a mini heart attack today and i just froze-its something i wasnt ready for but i picked myself back and did his obs 3 times wholst waiting for the paramedic...just shows how bad a day can be i guess

I wasn't condoning it, just pointing out nurses party harder than most..I love no angels, its a brilliant witty show. Maybe i've just worked with incompetant nurses?

He may have a point, but his manner is unacceptable
anna_spanner89
I wasn't condoning it, just pointing out nurses party harder than most..I love no angels, its a brilliant witty show. Maybe i've just worked with incompetant nurses?

He may have a point, but his manner is unacceptable

It is unacceptable yes, and I stand by what Anna said. either keep to the rules or bog off. :biggrin:
Reply 590
anna_spanner89
Yes nursing has crap days

What are you on about? Your not even a student nurse yet.
Floozie
What are you on about? Your not even a student nurse yet.

I've worked as a HCA
There are society rules? Either way I stand by my point.
I was a few years ago training to be adult nurse and did two years into the course before dropping out.I thought at that particular point that adult nursing was for me but afterwards realised that it was mental health that was more my cup of tea so know in the process of applying again for that.
I do agree that they should be more Nurses in the NHS however the big bugs in the trust put it down to money and can we afford more staff to the ones we have as direct result patients are suffering.But thats my opinion.
Floozie
When you actually start nursing you'll realise that its not a walk in the park. This society is probably inactive due to the lack of time student nurses have.

I agree with Floozie nursing is hard work when you did something like over 38rs in a week on a ward you certainly have any time to post on here.:yep:
to be fair No angels and scrubs are both nothing as a reflection of real-life nursing... the real thing is very different!
ZakBrannigan
I was a few years ago training to be adult nurse and did two years into the course before dropping out.I thought at that particular point that adult nursing was for me but afterwards realised that it was mental health that was more my cup of tea so know in the process of applying again for that.
I do agree that they should be more Nurses in the NHS however the big bugs in the trust put it down to money and can we afford more staff to the ones we have as direct result patients are suffering.But thats my opinion.

what exactly are you doing now? you keep changing your mind
anna_spanner89
what exactly are you doing now? you keep changing your mind

You seen my sig anna_spanner89?? havnt u.I am allowed to changed my mind there is nothing worse than starting and being on a HE Course and being unhappy.I dont intended to make the same mistakes this time around
ZakBrannigan
You seen my sig anna_spanner89?? havnt u.I am allowed to changed my mind there is nothing worse than starting and being on a HE Course and being unhappy.You still Young and have a lot to learn however wish u the best with your nursing when u start next week:biggrin:

She should know, she did the same herself... :s-smilie:
Helen Foster
She should know, she did the same herself... :s-smilie:

what branch are u doing nursingwise Helen Foster?:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending