The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The uni told me to contact them =\.
I had to email them though because I don't have much credit left on my phone and don't have money to top up.:o:
I'm gonna check my emails now yep. *Fingers crossed*
Busary should come on the 20th. :yep: Still 8 days though. =\
I'd like to congratulate bass_belle for getting into adult nursing at UEA!!! she starts soon..!!!!!!
Just found out my first placement!!!! Acute cardiology!! exciting!
Reply 644
sounds good anna, probably lots of people just had cardiac arests and need monitoring.
I was on an acute ward for my first placement, it was amazing, it moves so quickly, the patients come in and then back out or moved to a different wards.

Im starting my secnd placement next week, im so excited, im bored or theory now.
im on a elective orthapedic surgery ward, so lots of hip replacements probabaly, im glad i have surgery this time, because i had medical last time, it will be nice to see both sides.
I had a patient expereince in A&E yesterday. :teeth:
The lack of communication was appalling no wonder patients always have no idea to what ward they're being moved to next or what on eart is going on.:p:

I might start an essay soon about a clinical guideline mmmm funness.
Reply 646
I'm now doing a Level 3 CACHE Childcare and Education for two years and i'm loving it.
I'm going to be applying to uni this year, for Sept 2010, to do Child Nursing.

Does anybody have any suggestions of unis that i may like?
I like the uni to be on one or to close by campus, where everything you need is near by and within walking distance.
Southampton? My friend is doing a nursing degree there and she loves it.:smile:
Keele is uber good as well. (though obviously i;d say that).:p: It's got everything on campus,, obviously it's a smaller university though. but you have the main two towns on the uni bus route there, newcastle under lyme, and hanley. they've got plently of shops.
I'd also recommend UEA that's good also.:smile:
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how I apply for the bursary as my sixth form hasn't told me anything about it even though I've asked. They've just told me about the student loan. Also, if I apply for the bursary, do I have to apply for the student loan as well?

Thanks in advance :smile:
You don't apply for the NHS busary, the university does if you have a confirmed place there they let the grants people know.
And I doubt you'll need a student loan as well.
Does anyone know when the Bursary come in, or does that depend on the uni? I accepted Leicester DMU as a firm last and I sent them an email about it but nothing yet. Would it come in around a month or so? x
the bursary should come in a few weeks before you start your course, you SHOULD get information about it come may/june time, it DOES depend on the uni, if it comes may and you still havn't heard anything ring up

you'll get sent a student support number from the grants office so you can fill a form in and apply
anna_spanner89
the bursary should come in a few weeks before you start your course, you SHOULD get information about it come may/june time, it DOES depend on the uni, if it comes may and you still havn't heard anything ring up

you'll get sent a student support number from the grants office so you can fill a form in and apply

Okay, thanks. :smile:
Reply 653
I wanna join this! :biggrin:
I'm going to Leeds Uni in September, can't wait!
Haha my placement is so weird at the moment, well it's not that weird but it seems weird to me.
The sister of the ward is my mentor and I also have a supervisor, it seems so silly though as I haven't worked with the sister once as she is always busy so i'm working with my lovely supervisor loads.:p: I mean she can still sign off the documentation at the end of the placement and stuff but still.:p:
I really do love this placement though every single person is so friendly and lovely, I mean on some of my previous ones i'd dread working with certain people because they were really rude and stuff.:p:
I love my placement too

got nothing to compare it too, but they're brill
anna_spanner89
I love my placement too

got nothing to compare it too, but they're brill

How is your clinical placement going anna_spanner89? and how long are you in this placement for?hope u dont mind me asking u this at all
Enchanté
Haha my placement is so weird at the moment, well it's not that weird but it seems weird to me.
The sister of the ward is my mentor and I also have a supervisor, it seems so silly though as I haven't worked with the sister once as she is always busy so i'm working with my lovely supervisor loads.:p: I mean she can still sign off the documentation at the end of the placement and stuff but still.:p:
I really do love this placement though every single person is so friendly and lovely, I mean on some of my previous ones i'd dread working with certain people because they were really rude and stuff.:p:

Hi Enchante
You will usually find that some clinical placements you will love working there and every staff member will be so helpful and friendly whilst others you wouldnt like so much.If you dont mind me asking what year are you in your student nurse training?
:biggrin:
ZakBrannigan
Hi Enchante
You will usually find that some clinical placements you will love working there and every staff member will be so helpful and friendly whilst others you wouldnt like so much.If you dont mind me asking what year are you in your student nurse training?
:biggrin:

I'm halfway through my first year yep.:smile:
Just to say, i got my first exam results back today for the OSCE- 98%!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending