The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone go to Oxford open day today and go to the maths lectures? :smile:
Original post by Rahul.S
kmt ive got plenty gash to lash :sexface:

loool im 18 today, had a maddd party last night.

roll with my tribal skank...
the tribal skank
roall with my tribal skank..

LIFE BEGINS AT 18.(or 40 as some say.. :colone:)
Original post by Jampolo

the tribal skank

happy bday G :colone: im sure ur busy today :sexface:
Reply 1463
Went to Bath yesterday.

Gotta say, it is absolutely awesome! :biggrin:
Original post by Rahul.S
happy bday G :colone: im sure ur busy today :sexface:

girlfriends coming over soon :sexface: hehe thats naughty.

Thank you, if you go warwick open day i'll buy us all alcohol :colone:
Reply 1465
Original post by Jorgeyy

Didn't go, but will (probably) be applying to Oxford. How was it? Learnt any insightful things about Oxford/ maths/ admissions? Did you get a look at the new maths building?
Original post by Jampolo

Original post by Jampolo

the tribal skank

Happy Birthday! :banana2:
Original post by jameswhughes
Happy Birthday! :banana2:

Thanks james :tongue: i am now a man :cool:
Original post by Jampolo
girlfriends coming over soon :sexface: hehe thats naughty.

Thank you, if you go warwick open day i'll buy us all alcohol :colone:

if i come :yawn: get your girlfriend drunk....then you can show turning 18 has made you into a man :colone:
Original post by Gamma
Went to Bath yesterday.

Gotta say, it is absolutely awesome! :biggrin:

Did you go to the maths talk with someone called Geoff? He was brilliant!

I have to say though, I was annoyed to find out that they only offer you one of A*AA/ A*AB 2 or merit, i had always assumed that you would get both for some reason :colondollar:
Original post by carlos the third

I have to say though, I was annoyed to find out that they only offer you one of A*AA/ A*AB 2 or merit, i had always assumed that you would get both for some reason :colondollar:

Wow, didn't know that. What if they end up asking for the 2 or Merit in STEP/AEA!
Original post by twig
Didn't go, but will (probably) be applying to Oxford. How was it? Learnt any insightful things about Oxford/ maths/ admissions? Did you get a look at the new maths building?

Nothing that you probably don't know, it was kind of just general admission advice.

I did see the new building, it was just scaffolding at the moment!

However, the lecturer did show the plan for it in his powerpoint, and it did look very impressive...

We will study in the old ones for our first year, then second and third in the new building (if we get in)

That being said, the old building is hardly a disadvantage, the new one just increases the size IMO... I don't care about fancy seats or whatever, as long as the lecturer can explain maths to me properly!
Original post by Jorgeyy

me!!! The quick bit about the simple epidemic model has made me want to do a case-by-case analysis of zombie diseases from films and games to compare your life expectancy under each disease (for funnies).

Thanks for this, the Bath website is terrible.

I am considering applying there instead of Warwick.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Wow, didn't know that. What if they end up asking for the 2 or Merit in STEP/AEA!

From what I gathered from the guy I talked to, if you are doing STEP/AEA (ie you have submitted it on your UCAS form) they give you the offer including that (assuming you get an offer) and if not you get the other offer. I was under the impression though that you are more likely to get an offer if you are doing STEP/AEA, as their website says "STEP/AEA offers are made quickly but non-STEP/AEA offers will usually be held until after the January 15th deadline when we have a better idea of numbers applying."

Edit: the website also says "although in some cases we will offer both alternatives", but this contradicts what the person who I talked to said.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tobedotty
me!!! The quick bit about the simple epidemic model has made me want to do a case-by-case analysis of zombie diseases from films and games to compare your life expectancy under each disease (for funnies).

Haha, too true.

I felt bad for the kid that put his hand up and said "mass of the iphone" as a variable to calculate the time it would take to hit the ground. (since the guy said assume no air resistance)

I was quite unimpressed with quite a few of my peers really, I was expecting to be really outclassed by many.
From what I gathered from the guy I talked to, if you are doing STEP/AEA (ie you have submitted it on your UCAS form) they give you the offer including that (assuming you get an offer) and if not you get the other offer. I was under the impression though that you are more likely to get an offer if you are doing STEP/AEA, as their website says "STEP/AEA offers are made quickly but non-STEP/AEA offers will usually be held until after the January 15th deadline when we have a better idea of numbers applying."

I have to have STEP in my reference since my teacher will find it difficult to give me a predicted grade, I assume they will notice this?

Damn.
Original post by Rahul.S
if i come :yawn: get your girlfriend drunk....then you can show turning 18 has made you into a man :colone:

plz go!11!!
mwhaha. take control :wink:
Original post by Jampolo
plz go!11!!
mwhaha. take control :wink:

you talking 11 in age or step :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
you talking 11 in age or step :colone:

my shift button sucks. eww man thats jailbait wuts wrong with u. ima beat STEP llike thers a belt buckle involved :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest