Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Dude, I booked my train tickets for the Warwick open day to go to Warwick station in Leamington Spa instead of Coventry!

Is it possible to watch a bus from there to Warwick Uni, and if so, how long does it take? :/
    No idea, unfortunately. I've only visited Warwick once (for about 5 hours) so after you've been on your open day you'll have been there more than me! :lol:

I don't know anything about buses in that area (perhaps try contacting TheTallOne, he seems to know a lot about these things) or alternatively in you want to get the train all the way there, get tickets to Canley railway station, which is about 20 minutes walk from the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    No idea, unfortunately. I've only visited Warwick once (for about 5 hours) so after you've been on your open day you'll have been there more than me! :lol:

I don't know anything about buses in that area (perhaps try contacting TheTallOne, he seems to know a lot about these things) or alternatively in you want to get the train all the way there, get tickets to Canley railway station, which is about 20 minutes walk from the university.
    Okay thanks, I'm just really worried now, I don't want to miss my maths lectures!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to Oxford open day today and go to the maths lectures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    kmt ive got plenty gash to lash :sexface:
    loool im 18 today, had a maddd party last night.

roll with my tribal skank...
    the tribal skank
    roall with my tribal skank..

LIFE BEGINS AT 18.(or 40 as some say.. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)

the tribal skank

happy bday G im sure ur busy today :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Went to Bath yesterday.

Gotta say, it is absolutely awesome!

ReputationRep:
    happy bday G im sure ur busy today :sexface:
    girlfriends coming over soon :sexface: hehe thats naughty.

Thank you, if you go warwick open day i'll buy us all alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    Didn't go, but will (probably) be applying to Oxford. How was it? Learnt any insightful things about Oxford/ maths/ admissions? Did you get a look at the new maths building?

ReputationRep:

the tribal skank

Happy Birthday! :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    Happy Birthday! :banana2:
    Thanks james i am now a man :cool:

ReputationRep:
    girlfriends coming over soon :sexface: hehe thats naughty.

Thank you, if you go warwick open day i'll buy us all alcohol
    if i come :yawn: get your girlfriend drunk....then you can show turning 18 has made you into a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)
    Went to Bath yesterday.

Gotta say, it is absolutely awesome!
    Did you go to the maths talk with someone called Geoff? He was brilliant!

I have to say though, I was annoyed to find out that they only offer you one of A*AA/ A*AB 2 or merit, i had always assumed that you would get both for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos the third)

I have to say though, I was annoyed to find out that they only offer you one of A*AA/ A*AB 2 or merit, i had always assumed that you would get both for some reason
    Wow, didn't know that. What if they end up asking for the 2 or Merit in STEP/AEA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Didn't go, but will (probably) be applying to Oxford. How was it? Learnt any insightful things about Oxford/ maths/ admissions? Did you get a look at the new maths building?
    Nothing that you probably don't know, it was kind of just general admission advice.

I did see the new building, it was just scaffolding at the moment!

However, the lecturer did show the plan for it in his powerpoint, and it did look very impressive...

We will study in the old ones for our first year, then second and third in the new building (if we get in)

That being said, the old building is hardly a disadvantage, the new one just increases the size IMO... I don't care about fancy seats or whatever, as long as the lecturer can explain maths to me properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    me!!! The quick bit about the simple epidemic model has made me want to do a case-by-case analysis of zombie diseases from films and games to compare your life expectancy under each disease (for funnies).

ReputationRep:

Thanks for this, the Bath website is terrible.

I am considering applying there instead of Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Wow, didn't know that. What if they end up asking for the 2 or Merit in STEP/AEA!
    From what I gathered from the guy I talked to, if you are doing STEP/AEA (ie you have submitted it on your UCAS form) they give you the offer including that (assuming you get an offer) and if not you get the other offer. I was under the impression though that you are more likely to get an offer if you are doing STEP/AEA, as their website says "STEP/AEA offers are made quickly but non-STEP/AEA offers will usually be held until after the January 15th deadline when we have a better idea of numbers applying."

Edit: the website also says "although in some cases we will offer both alternatives", but this contradicts what the person who I talked to said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobedotty)
    me!!! The quick bit about the simple epidemic model has made me want to do a case-by-case analysis of zombie diseases from films and games to compare your life expectancy under each disease (for funnies).
    Haha, too true.

I felt bad for the kid that put his hand up and said "mass of the iphone" as a variable to calculate the time it would take to hit the ground. (since the guy said assume no air resistance)

I was quite unimpressed with quite a few of my peers really, I was expecting to be really outclassed by many.

ReputationRep:
    From what I gathered from the guy I talked to, if you are doing STEP/AEA (ie you have submitted it on your UCAS form) they give you the offer including that (assuming you get an offer) and if not you get the other offer. I was under the impression though that you are more likely to get an offer if you are doing STEP/AEA, as their website says "STEP/AEA offers are made quickly but non-STEP/AEA offers will usually be held until after the January 15th deadline when we have a better idea of numbers applying."
    I have to have STEP in my reference since my teacher will find it difficult to give me a predicted grade, I assume they will notice this?

Damn.

ReputationRep:
    if i come :yawn: get your girlfriend drunk....then you can show turning 18 has made you into a man
    plz go!11!!
    mwhaha. take control

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.