The Student Room Group

What is the most politically correct thing you've ever heard of? (PC gone mad!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imperial maniac
No, restriction of my freedom of speech isn't worth it tbh.

No-one's restricting your freedom of speech.
Reply 121
...except everyone else.
Original post by Westie.
...except everyone else.

Sukh you, Westie. Sukh you.
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
No-one's restricting your freedom of speech.

Well, yes they are, if you say racist things publicly, you get arrested/banned from entering the country.
Original post by MJay91
In strongly Catholic Poland the Teletubbies were banned because of Tinky Winky's red handbag due to the suspicion of homosexuality.

\

Homophobia is hardly politically correct, is it?

However, still really funny story though!
The producer of Midsomer Murders stepping down (I can only assume he was pushed by ITV) for saying that ethnic minority characters would be out of place on Midsomer Murders.

I mean seriously, he had to resign for THAT!?
Original post by imperial maniac
Well, yes they are, if you say racist things publicly, you get arrested/banned from entering the country.

No you don't. Racism isn't a crime. If you incite violence, that's something different.
Reply 127
I went to a Secondary School where the staff were predominately hard-left, and this was reflected in the ethos of the school. There were school "rules" such as:

Any allegation of racism by a non-white student is assumed to be true, substance notwithstanding.

A non-white student cannot be accused of racist behaviour.

An A-level history student was suspended from school for two days for bringing up the question of Gandhi's apparently racist views during a lesson.

A muslim student who arrived an hour late for school gave the excuse "I had a religious vision," which was accepted without question by the Head of year.

VI Form students are not permitted any leave for any applications associated with the Armed Forces, although unlimited time-off is permitted for any activity associated with any University, regardless of the course.

This was the same school which nearly imploded over a competition to design the cover of the programme for the Christmas Carol Concert. There were only two entries, and the clearly superior entry (featuring a stable and an angel) was rejected by the headteacher for being "too religious", however the entrant was deaf; thereby triggering a huge quandary over whether to unfairly favour the deaf candidate, or pursue a policy of ridiculous political correctness. In the end, the deaf kid lost out.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest