The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

There was a question where you had to label the chloroplast for the LDR.

I labeled the Thylakoid membrane and thylakoid space
I did not have a clue about scientists qu so I put down that it is not just burning of fossil fuels that causes global warming. I went on about methane and farming i.e. cattle and paddy fields and that biofuels caused problems carbon sinks removed etc

What was the two mark question on rigor mortis again?
Original post by medtobe
for amino acids 20 right nucleotides.

and what was the mathemitical Qs.

It's 60 isn't it?

3 nucleotides:1 amino acid

20 amino acids --> 60 nucleotides
Reply 563
and the question about the number of amino acids - the ape one
what did everyone put?
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
60 isn't it?

Yeh deffo 60 :smile:
Reply 565
Original post by harcoreage
There was a question where you had to label the chloroplast for the LDR.

I labeled the Thylakoid membrane and thylakoid space

yea same here

And First was True the other which talkd abt NADP & ADP was false!

For HIV othr dan it affects b-lympho .. rest were correct ryt??

Plz ny1n wht did yu guys ryt abt da fossil fuel Crap?
I put 60 as well
Reply 567
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
It's 60 isn't it?

ohh yeah

I dnt why I put 20 :eek:
Reply 568
Original post by examkracker
I did not have a clue about scientists qu so I put down that it is not just burning of fossil fuels that causes global warming. I went on about methane and farming i.e. cattle and paddy fields and that biofuels caused problems carbon sinks removed etc

What was the two mark question on rigor mortis again?

Abiotic Factors?

Lol i wrote abt the Temp of the Surroundings :tongue:

And the Othr i just baffld .. Abt the ph of surrounding atmosphere where the body was kept :tongue:
Original post by bashx
and the question about the number of amino acids - the ape one
what did everyone put?

I was not sure and was running out of time but said our DNA very similar and then pointed out that there was two differences between humans and one species and one difference between humans and the other species - doubt it is right
Reply 570
Original post by Samia99
Abiotic Factors?

Lol i wrote abt the Temp of the Surroundings :tongue:

And the Othr i just baffld .. Abt the ph of surrounding atmosphere where the body was kept :tongue:

me too.

tld might be acisic
Reply 571
Fossil Fuel Q? :eek:
Reply 572
Came home in tears after this exam... had a 1hr 45min exam in the morning, came straight out of it with a huge migraine and went into this exam. I actually found this exam better than the one in January but timing was a HUGE problem :frown: did anyone else think that timing was an issue? I didn't have time to answer the last three pages, I had one minute to answer them. It's so frustrating because I know if I had been given more time... say if the paper was 2 hours instead of 1hr 30min then we could have all done so much better! and I hate the thought that it could jeopardise our chances of a place at uni :frown:

im going to write a complaint email to edexcel today about the timing of the exam and also about the content! I think that anyone who agrees should email too, the more complaints they have surely the more likely they are to do something or lower the boundaries more? Meh I don't know but it's worth a try...

I know I've failed this exam :frown: I didn't even know what globular enzymes are! I think I put that fibrous proteins are composed of fibres (LOL) and globular proteins aren't, then I put some absolute crap about the enzymes having an amine and carboxylic acid group and the fibrous proteins not. This exam has seriously F'd up my chances of going to uni :frown: cheers edexcel!!
Reply 573
what factor affects rate of rigor mortis immediately after death?
- i put drugs in body??

also - the other abiotic factors - i put temp, and just guessed either age/activity before death but i cant remember which i stuck to...
either way theyre both non - environmental.
Reply 574
Original post by Samia99
Fossil Fuel Q? :eek:

OMG I completely waffled on that question about a load of BS.
I think I put that some argue that fossil fuel combustion isnt a major factor for global warming and that other factors have a higher impact, some argue that global warming will actually be beneficial because higher temps will increase photosynthesis and other rubbish like that!
Reply 575
Was just Wondering whthr i WAS the ONLY candidate who actually wrote abt the Oil-funding companies Bribing the scientists lol!!! So they'd say Fossil Fuels dnt affect Temp :tongue:
As these Companies need fuels lol

Hahah i ran 0ut 0f points!
It was 6 marks nd aftr writing abt all the C02 and Defoestation nd blah blah this was wht i came up wd nd it was mentiond in the Guide too! :/:/ -_____-
Original post by Samia99
Was just Wondering whthr i WAS the ONLY candidate who actually wrote abt the Oil-funding companies Bribing the scientists lol!!! So they'd say Fossil Fuels dnt affect Temp :tongue:
As these Companies need fuels lol

Hahah i ran 0ut 0f points!
It was 6 marks nd aftr writing abt all the C02 and Defoestation nd blah blah this was wht i came up wd nd it was mentiond in the Guide too! :/:/ -_____-

i put that
Original post by Cpt.S
what factor affects rate of rigor mortis immediately after death?
- i put drugs in body??

also - the other abiotic factors - i put temp, and just guessed either age/activity before death but i cant remember which i stuck to...
either way theyre both non - environmental.

did it ask specifically for abiotic factors?

I put temperature of the surroundings and physical activity before death
Reply 578
Original post by LibbyU
Came home in tears after this exam... had a 1hr 45min exam in the morning, came straight out of it with a huge migraine and went into this exam. I actually found this exam better than the one in January but timing was a HUGE problem :frown: did anyone else think that timing was an issue? I didn't have time to answer the last three pages, I had one minute to answer them. It's so frustrating because I know if I had been given more time... say if the paper was 2 hours instead of 1hr 30min then we could have all done so much better! and I hate the thought that it could jeopardise our chances of a place at uni :frown:

im going to write a complaint email to edexcel today about the timing of the exam and also about the content! I think that anyone who agrees should email too, the more complaints they have surely the more likely they are to do something or lower the boundaries more? Meh I don't know but it's worth a try...

I know I've failed this exam :frown: I didn't even know what globular enzymes are! I think I put that fibrous proteins are composed of fibres (LOL) and globular proteins aren't, then I put some absolute crap about the enzymes having an amine and carboxylic acid group and the fibrous proteins not. This exam has seriously F'd up my chances of going to uni :frown: cheers edexcel!!

shall we create a page on facebook.

bio4 edexcel grade boundries shd be low or something.

so if lots of ppl join it willl come under edexcels notice asnd the press and they will have to do something.

It happened for ocr last yr. and the ocr bio students have created a page this yr too.

create the page and post the link here.
Original post by medtobe
shall we create a page on facebook.

bio4 edexcel grade boundries shd be low or something.

so if lots of ppl join it willl come under edexcels notice asnd the press and they will have to do something.

It happened for ocr last yr. and the ocr bio students have created a page this yr too.

create the page and post the link here.

why not, it cant hurt. someone do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending