Reply 3541
Original post by Milk <3
oh ffs the paper wasnt that difficult, it will probably be about 68 for an A

68 for an A ?!?!?!??! LOL nice joke!
chief examiner said 56 btw if you didnt know :wink:
Original post by choc1234
68 for an A ?!?!?!??! LOL nice joke!
chief examiner said 56 btw if you didnt know :wink:

would you honestly say this paper was harder than the other new specification past papers?
Reply 3543
Original post by Milk <3
would you honestly say this paper was harder than the other new specification past papers?

IM ot saying anything actually! im just reiterating what was said by the aqa chief examiner - aqa said it was a harder paper than last year thats all
Reply 3544
Original post by hahaff
me too
the grade boundaries for jan exams was released a day before results day in march
so i guess we will find out on 17 august
im guessing 56-A(according to a post on tsr)
50-b
44-c
38-d
32-e

How do you find out the grade boundaries? (If they come out on the 17th). Where do you go?
Original post by HollyGx
How do you find out the grade boundaries? (If they come out on the 17th). Where do you go?

its what happened in march
someone on tsr posted the links and they simply went to the grade boundaries a day before
it was also on the aqa website a day before results day in march
Original post by Milk <3
oh ffs the paper wasnt that difficult, it will probably be about 68 for an A

It was MUCH harder than the past ones.
Reply 3547
Original post by tehsponge

i hope everyone thinks that ! the milk persons stupid :tongue:
Original post by tehsponge

:smile: I'm glad other people think this too. I felt so nervous when taking this paper. I loved the essay though.
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
:smile: I'm glad other people think this too. I felt so nervous when taking this paper. I loved the essay though.

the essay question was ok but apart from that and the 1st and 4th question all of it was rubbish
the pupae and the papaya question were:mad:
but there have to be low grade boundaries
Original post by hahaff
the essay question was ok but apart from that and the 1st and 4th question all of it was rubbish
the pupae and the papaya question were:mad:
but there have to be low grade boundaries

Which essay did you do. I liked cycles because I did that one before. Didn't like the look of the other one though.
I hope the grade boundaries are low too. :awesome:
Which essay did you do. I liked cycles because I did that one before. Didn't like the look of the other one though.

i did the dna essay
grade boundaries have to be low or i wont be going to uni
Original post by hahaff
i did the dna essay
grade boundaries have to be low or i wont be going to uni

:console: I'm sure you will, don't worry about it. What grade do you need?
Reply 3553
:console: I'm sure you will, don't worry about it. What grade do you need?

hey do u think around 55 raw marks will be 100 ums?
hey do u think around 55 raw marks will be 100 ums?

I really don't know. It would be nice if it was though, do we find out on the 17th?
I'm really glad everyone's stopped talking about the questions. No I can join in this thread!

i hope soo!! i just hope their lower and we have a nice examiner to mark the essay! :redface:

you know the boundaries you have given is that out of 100? Sorry it's been a long time since the exam :/
Reply 3557
Original post by Madderroo
you know the boundaries you have given is that out of 100? Sorry it's been a long time since the exam :/

yeh out of 100 raw marks

Lol I did that one too. In fact it was the only one I had practiced :awesome: I planned a few others but never wrote them out fully. Although the examiners will probably find a way to explain why nothing I wrote is relevant.

Really hoping for at least 20 marks on the essay. Then I only need about 35 marks (this is based on the provisional grade boundary for an A) from the rest of the paper to get my A...

Just did some calculations and 35 marks from the rest of the questions is only about 45% That makes me feel a bit better :biggrin:
What makes me feel awful is that I'm one of the only people who actually struggled with the essay :frown: I was trying so hard to not leave any gaps for the stupid one or two markers earlier on in the paper, and didn't leave enough time to plan my essay thoroughly. I'm on an ABB offer, and biology is really my only shot of getting that A, so I could do with low boundaries as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending