The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissKaycee_xoxo
Hows everyone feeling? Whats the average mark you've had on past papers?
In a way i actually prefer unit 2 biol to unit 1.

yeah same lol

im not allowed to tell u lot wat will be in the exam today but anyways gd luck guys!
Original post by kingsmod1
yeah same lol

im not allowed to tell u lot wat will be in the exam today but anyways gd luck guys!

You haven't done the exam.

The only reason you said this is that you want people to ask you and beg you what is on it. :rolleyes:
If only my college did human bio, ugh i hate all this plant bullsht and stuff
Original post by kingsmod1
yeah same lol

You know what is going to be in the exam?
Goodluck Everyone :smile:
Original post by Limitless
You haven't done the exam.

The only reason you said this is that you want people to ask you and beg you what is on it. :rolleyes:

yh i havent done it, i know it

LOL JK
Original post by CityTrader
You know what is going to be in the exam?

No nobody has done the exam yet.
Reply 1127
Need help with mitosis

could someone explain why the answer is BCDEA

and this question 5, i have no answers, but it makes no sense

Oh god. Imagine if the six marker is to do with the plant classification bit :|
Original post by SmithytheDrummer
Oh god. Imagine if the six marker is to do with the plant classification bit :|

What plant classification bit...? :s-smilie:
Reply 1130
What on earth is plant classification?
What ways are used to determine evolutionary history between 2 organisms?
what are the features of cellulose, starch and glycogen? I know cellulose is made of beta-glucose, present in plant cell walls, provides turgidity and strength. But whats the role of hydrogen bonds and microfibrills?
Original post by Nuss
Need help with mitosis

could someone explain why the answer is BCDEA

and this question 5, i have no answers, but it makes no sense

In B the DNA has unravelled and replicated.
In C it has condensed to doubled armed chromosomes from 2 sister chromatids attached y the centromere.
In D the nuclear envelope has been broken down so the chromosomes are free in the cytoplasm.
In E the centromere has replicated and the spindle fibres are contracting and pulling the chromatids to opposite ends of the cell.
In A the chromatids are now called chromosomes again.

In Q5 the pictures are terrible, I can't make it out.
Is crossing over a rare process? Q5c June 2010.
Original post by Mina!SS
what are the features of cellulose, starch and glycogen? I know cellulose is made of beta-glucose, present in plant cell walls, provides turgidity and strength. But whats the role of hydrogen bonds and microfibrills?

First one I have no idea.

Second question DNA hybridisation. Protein immunology and comparing amino acid sequences. You could also do it by looking for similar and different characterisitics but this method was used when DNA hybridisation and protein immunology was not invented.

Long straight chains with glycosidic bonds are formed between beta glucose molecules. There are rows of these long straight chains.
The long straight chains are attached by hydrogen bonds. To form microfibrils. Many hydrogen bonds give the structure strength and rigidity.
Original post by Some random guy
Is crossing over a rare process? Q5c June 2010.

Yes.
Original post by Mina!SS

H bonds provide further structural strength between the cellulose chains. Hundreds of these chains linked together are called microfibrils.
When is everyone leaving? I live close to my centre so I'll leave at 1:10
(edited 12 years ago)
Urghhhh.
I have a bad feeling the 6mark question is going to be on Meiosis and genetic variation.
Original post by Some random guy
When is everyone leaving? I live close to my centre so I'll live at 1:10

I'm getting ready now leaving in about 15 minutes do some revision recap in school.
Original post by Limitless
I'm getting ready now leaving in about 15 minutes do some revision recap in school.

GOOD LUCKKKKKKKKK AAH I'm nervous as hell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending