Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emillie)
    Am I right in thinking we don't need to know how to work out standard deviation?
    Don't worry. The text book specifically says that you do not need to know the formula for standard deviation for your exam, it is only used for the coursework. For the exam you'll just need to know what standard deviation shows and use it to talk about the data.

ReputationRep:
    What is the best answer for the question: What is genetic diversity?

I know how it's to do with the variation of alleles, but what exact words are best?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hola_im_liv)
    OK, does anyone actually know what the UMS system is all about? I was under the impression that 80%, 65/85, was the lowest mark that you can get to get an A? but from what people are saying here, it seems like its actually a lot lower? I dont understand the AQA UMS converter thing either, i got 78% in my january unit 1, and got a B, so i re-sat it last week, but Ive done past unit 2 papers and the converter says that my marks, that range between 64 and 73 out of 85 are all As?

SOMEONE HELP?!
    im an AQA examiner for bio2 this year and A grades before are normally minumm of 55 out of 85 for an A on average!

they effectively add 15% more to wat u actually got

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else tried the Jan11 paper. That paper was REALLY hard.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, i've just stopped revising, my brain literally can't take any more information. Hopefully its all in there somewhere

I really really really hope there is a 6 marker on:
    DNA hybridisation, genetic diversity, fish or insect gas exchange or antibiotic resistance. But as most of them have already been done i doubt it oh well, nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking :/

I absolutely HATE chapter 17, chaper 7 and the end of 13 (plant stuff) oh and all the common sense type questions - i just can't think straight in an exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    What is the best answer for the question: What is genetic diversity?

I know how it's to do with the variation of alleles, but what exact words are best?

Thanks!
    I think it is the number of differernt alleles posessed by individuals that make up a species

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKaycee_xoxo)
    Hey everyone, i've just stopped revising, my brain literally can't take any more information. Hopefully its all in there somewhere

I really really really hope there is a 6 marker on:
    DNA hybridisation, genetic diversity, fish or insect gas exchange or antibiotic resistance. But as most of them have already been done i doubt it oh well, nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking :/

I absolutely HATE chapter 17, chaper 7 and the end of 13 (plant stuff) oh and all the common sense type questions - i just can't think straight in an exam.
    How science work is bull**** if it comes up in the exam. I think I might just scream out in the exam hall. THIS IS BULL****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    Anybody else tried the Jan11 paper. That paper was REALLY hard.
    I did try it - try being the key word :/ it started off okay and there were some easy marks but the end was horrible!! hopefully ours is better

ReputationRep:
    How science work is bull**** if it comes up in the exam. I think I might just scream out in the exam hall. THIS IS BULL****!
    totally agreee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    totally agreee!
    It's just really annoying and then the answers are really weird. Like "why do you have to repeat the experiment?" Sometimes the answer is to reduce the affect of anomalous results other times the answer is to identify anomalous results. What the hell at least be consistent AQA.

ReputationRep:
    Hows everyone feeling? Whats the average mark you've had on past papers?
    In a way i actually prefer unit 2 biol to unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    I find unit 2 so boring. I hate plants and learning about how science works. What you need is good proper human biology. The heart, lungs anything like that is interesting.

ReputationRep:
    yeah same lol

im not allowed to tell u lot wat will be in the exam today but anyways gd luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    yeah same lol

im not allowed to tell u lot wat will be in the exam today but anyways gd luck guys!
    You haven't done the exam.

The only reason you said this is that you want people to ask you and beg you what is on it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If only my college did human bio, ugh i hate all this plant bullsht and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    yeah same lol

You know what is going to be in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck Everyone

ReputationRep:
    You haven't done the exam.

The only reason you said this is that you want people to ask you and beg you what is on it. :rolleyes:
    yh i havent done it, i know it

LOL JK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    You know what is going to be in the exam?
    No nobody has done the exam yet.

ReputationRep:
    Need help with mitosis

could someone explain why the answer is BCDEA

and this question 5, i have no answers, but it makes no sense

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.