Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    28.62%
    NO!
    71.38%

ReputationRep:
    Just under 2 moths now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? Im not sitting this exam but ill thought it will be useful for everyone who has it.
    I have attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! I ha to convert the BIOL2 JAN 11 QP in to a zip file as it was too large to be uploaded otherwise. The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN10.pdf (121.3 KB, 3657 views)
  2. File Type: pdf AQA-BIOL2-W-MS-JUN10.pdf (265.2 KB, 2656 views)
  3. File Type: pdf AQA-BIOL2-W-MS-JAN11.pdf (168.1 KB, 6308 views)
  4. Attached Files
  5. File Type: zip AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-Jan11.zip (346.8 KB, 7263 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was waiting for this thread. Erm so far, gone through the textbook but need to revise and do exam questions, that's all there is to do really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    Just under 2 moths now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? Im not sitting this exam but ill thought it will be useful for everyone who has it.
    I have attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! I ha to convert the BIOL2 JAN 11 QP in to a zip file as it was too large to be uploaded otherwise. The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy
    Thanks so much for this!

ReputationRep:
    hey thank you soo much for this!!
    I can't seem to open the zip folder for some reason ... it says its invalid/corrupted ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_love_nerds)
    hey thank you soo much for this!!
    I can't seem to open the zip folder for some reason ... it says its invalid/corrupted ....
    Hi, first download 'Winrar' : http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...-10007677.html

Then retry, but save the file on your desktop and open with 'Winrar'. Let me know!

ReputationRep:
    AQA AS Nelson Thornes Textbook BIOL2 Answers for Chapters 7 - 16
    Attached Images
  6. File Type: pdf Chapter 7.pdf (211.6 KB, 1341 views)
  7. File Type: pdf Chapter 8.pdf (198.2 KB, 1305 views)
  8. File Type: pdf Chapter 9.pdf (180.3 KB, 594 views)
  9. File Type: pdf Chapter 10.pdf (248.3 KB, 637 views)
  10. File Type: pdf Chapter 11.pdf (207.0 KB, 723 views)
  11. File Type: pdf Chapter 12.pdf (203.5 KB, 530 views)
  12. File Type: pdf Chapter 13.pdf (212.7 KB, 763 views)
  13. File Type: pdf Chapter 14.pdf (223.9 KB, 531 views)
  14. File Type: pdf Chapter 15.pdf (258.7 KB, 608 views)
  15. File Type: pdf Chapter 16.pdf (162.5 KB, 596 views)

ReputationRep:
    Continued... AQA AS Nelson Thornes Textbook BIOL2 Answers for Chapters 17 and the Unit 2 practice paper
    Attached Images
  16. File Type: pdf Chapter 17.pdf (136.0 KB, 492 views)
  17. File Type: pdf Unit 2 Practice Paper.pdf (442.7 KB, 827 views)

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for this thread

Have some note babes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sunk9g8vdowk5ds

Mitosis - phases
    Genetic Comparisons: DNA and proteins
    Biodiversity
    Antibiotics: mechanism +resistance
    Starch, Glycogen, Cellulose
    Haemoglobin (basic)
    Courtship behaviour - why is it necessary?

Directly from NT aqa textbook, everything we need to know for those topics

ReputationRep:
    Hi, first download 'Winrar' : http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...-10007677.html

Then retry, but save the file on your desktop and open with 'Winrar'. Let me know!
    ahh this did not work either, I tried and it says that 'the archive is corrupt', the same message appeared on my friends laptop

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.. big love for this thread!

Although makes me think I should do some revision... but I suppose thats a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    I was waiting for this thread

Have some note babes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sunk9g8vdowk5ds

Mitosis - phases
    Genetic Comparisons: DNA and proteins
    Biodiversity
    Antibiotics: mechanism +resistance
    Starch, Glycogen, Cellulose
    Haemoglobin (basic)
    Courtship behaviour - why is it necessary?

Directly from NT aqa textbook, everything we need to know for those topics
    thank you very much! do you have physics one as well by any chance? or biology unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffery93)
    thank you very much! do you have physics one as well by any chance? or biology unit 1?
    Sorry, just wrote these myself a couple of days ago, and already done PHYA1 and BIOL1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffery93)
    Hiya, check my other threads on here for BIOL1 and PHYA1! May be of some help!
    BIOL1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ighlight=BIOL1
    PHYA1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ighlight=phya1

ReputationRep:
    Got the exam - wanted to resit my BIOL1 exam - got a low A - but the head of biology suggested that I resit it in Jan 2012 - at the time I'll be doing BIOL4 -.-

Revision for BIOL2 going well - still haven't completed the course yet - will have to cover Courtship behaviour all alone during the Easter holidays :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Got the exam - wanted to resit my BIOL1 exam - got a low A - but the head of biology suggested that I resit it in Jan 2012 - at the time I'll be doing BIOL4 -.-

Revision for BIOL2 going well - still haven't completed the course yet - will have to cover Courtship behaviour all alone during the Easter holidays :mmm:
    I go the same UMS (many people who got A's got just 80ums)... i resat it and went from an B to an A so I'm happy but I thought I did much better as it was an easy paper.

ReputationRep:
    I go the same UMS (many people who got A's got just 80ums)... i resat it and went from an B to an A so I'm happy but I thought I did much better as it was an easy paper.
    Same - when I came out of the exam I thought it was quite easy compared to past papers so thought either the UMS boundaries would be high, or that I'd get high UMS. Unfortunately it was the former.

ReputationRep:
    can you upload the biol2 jan 2011 paper please
    that one doesnt work D;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh16)
    can you upload the biol2 jan 2011 paper please
    that one doesnt work D;
    Hi, a few people are saying they are having problems with that file. All you do is save it and then extract the saved file it to get the past paper. If not, private message me your email address so I can send the paper to you

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Thanks, I've been wanted to mark this paper for while and it's always good to see which keywords the exam board is looking for!

ReputationRep:
    hi, the paper wont upload, could anyone email it to me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.