Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    unlucky

when did you get the email?

Aren't you the guy with the hedge fund/ involved with a hedge fund?
    Lol? what? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley?
    Rejection as well.

Can't say I'm surprised my academics are poor and I have no work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Lol? what? No.
    lol nevermind, i must be thinking of someone else.

ReputationRep:
    I got a Morgan Stanley acceptance!!! Applied on the 5th or 6th june, getttt innn!! Hopefully i get the RBS and JPM ones as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    I got a Morgan Stanley acceptance!!! Applied on the 5th or 6th june, getttt innn!! Hopefully i get the RBS and JPM ones as well
    Chill out mate, it's not like you've won the world cup or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Chill out mate, it's not like you've won the world cup or anything
    Haha i know, but during these exam rotten time, any news is thrilling :P Plus it finally gives me something good to put on my CV, which is pretty lacking currently

ReputationRep:
    Haha i know, but during these exam rotten time, any news is thrilling :P Plus it finally gives me something good to put on my CV, which is pretty lacking currently
    Rejected as well, although I could not attend if selected anyway...got a two-day McKinsey leadership residental on the same date.

May I ask what you ECs/ academics were, or anything which you feel helped your application? Just wondering what these schemes are looking for, as I will also apply next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Rejected as well, although I could not attend if selected anyway...got a two-day McKinsey leadership residental on the same date.

May I ask what you ECs/ academics were, or anything which you feel helped your application? Just wondering what these schemes are looking for, as I will also apply next year.
    ECs uhhm vice president of economics society at my sixth form, young enterprise, small personally founded business, sports (cricket/football), week work exp in the finance and marketing plus shadowing the MD of hushpuppies/wolverine HQ. Academics, 2A* 5A 2B, AS AABBC, A2 A*AAA. Hope that helps mate!

Dw the Mck&Co event looks much better, shame its year 12 only, i couldn't apply :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ECs uhhm vice president of economics society at my sixth form, young enterprise, small personally founded business, sports (cricket/football), week work exp in the finance and marketing plus shadowing the MD of hushpuppies/wolverine HQ. Academics, 2A* 5A 2B, AS AABBC, A2 A*AAA. Hope that helps mate!

Dw the Mck&Co event looks much better, shame its year 12 only, i couldn't apply :P
    Seems like a bit of a lottery! Well done for getting on though. I got rejected as well, bit annoyed but I got told I have a job interview today so that dampened it a bit

Do you happen to go to a well-known school by any chance? (Just trying to work out how they selected applicants... it would be a bit unfair if they did it based on work experience because the whole idea of these events is to give people without experience a chance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    Seems like a bit of a lottery! Well done for getting on though. I got rejected as well, bit annoyed but I got told I have a job interview today so that dampened it a bit

Do you happen to go to a well-known school by any chance? (Just trying to work out how they selected applicants... it would be a bit unfair if they did it based on work experience because the whole idea of these events is to give people without experience a chance)
    Leicester Grammar School, it's not well known (like eton etc) but its a private school nonetheless (private grammar, not state independant)

ReputationRep:

Not to worry mate, what is your interview (you can PM me if u would prefer)? I too have got one this summer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not to worry mate, what is your interview (you can PM me if u would prefer)? I too have got one this summer.
    Just a part time job, nothing to do with banking I'll be applying for a few schemes in financial services soon though, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Leicester Grammar School, it's not well known (like eton etc) but its a private school nonetheless (private grammar, not state independant)
    I'm being pedantic here, but Leicester Grammar School is not an actual grammar school. It's an independent secondary school which is was formed to emulate the city's former grammar schools.

Also, what is this state independent you speak of? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Just a part time job, nothing to do with banking I'll be applying for a few schemes in financial services soon though, what about you?
    Oh rite nice one, got some work Ecp and an interview with a brokers aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm being pedantic here, but Leicester Grammar School is not an actual grammar school. It's an independent secondary school which is was formed to emulate the city's former grammar schools.

I don't think wether or not you going to private school made any difference or this event, it certainy didn't for me!

ReputationRep:

Clearly you know more about me than the educational system so, no point me answering because i know what i said is wrong if were being pedantic. However never knew it wasn't a real grammar aha, learn something new everyday, been going there for 7 years almost now too lol

Fine, LGS is private, not a grammar, happy...

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I got in as well. But are you actually going to put this on your CV, I would have thought that most people looking at an CV wouldnt really care about insight days? I may be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy1234)
    Nice, I got in as well. But are you actually going to put this on your CV, I would have thought that most people looking at an CV wouldnt really care about insight days? I may be wrong though.
    Maybe slip it in with a new choice words to describe it :P You just need to spin it into something very selective and glorious haha maybe group it with other insight days like RBS/JPM etc to give it bit more substance.
    I'll use it until I get something better to put down in terms of banking stuff, currently my CV has zero banking relevance if you get what im saying..

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you know more about me than the educational system so, no point me answering because i know what i said is wrong if were being pedantic. However never knew it wasn't a real grammar aha, learn something new everyday, been going there for 7 years almost now too lol

Fine, LGS is private, not a grammar, happy...
    I didn't mean to offend you :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think wether or not you going to private school made any difference or this event, it certainy didn't for me!
    If this was aimed at me, I dont think it did either, just another guy asked what school i went too...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.