The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths and Royal Holloway - will having only 3 AS levels be a huge disadvantage.

As the post suggests I only do 3 AS levels and wanted to know if anyone could maybe feedback on experiences they've had on applying for Goldsmiths or Royal Holloway. I'm interested in a politics degree. My AS level subjects are history, politics and english lit; I'm on 2 high A's in the modules I've sat so far and my GCSE grades are A*A*A*AAABBBC.

Thanks. All feedback would be appreciated and suggestions for other universities with good politics courses also would be- although I'm more attracted to the idea of a London uni.
Reply 1
If the course require a pass in a 4th AS level, pick one up in your A-level year. Btw, Royal Holloway isn't in London, it's in Egham, Surrey.
Reply 2
Original post by therealOG
If the course require a pass in a 4th AS level, pick one up in your A-level year. Btw, Royal Holloway isn't in London, it's in Egham, Surrey.

haha shows you the extent of how informed i am .. My geography of England is poor.. ( i'm from northern ireland) :\ if i'm honest i'm totally lost as to what i'm doing when it comes to September and teachers pressuring us to make choices by results in summer. I've no idea how to choose where to go :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by ohohnicolio
haha shows you the extent of how informed i am .. My geography of England is poor.. ( i'm from northern ireland) :\ if i'm honest i'm totally lost as to what i'm doing when it comes to September and teachers pressuring us to make choices by results in summer. I've no idea how to choose where to go :frown:

Look through a few prospectuses, look online at the unis' websites at the courses you're interested in, see how they compare in various tables etc. My brother's in the same position in you (although he's interested in finance/business/accounting/economics). Use UCAS course search as well and see what comes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending