The Student Room Group

unsure what to do after receiving my predicted grades

My predicted grades are BCC but I know for a fact I definitely can do better than that after developing the habit of studying over the past month. I was wondering whether or not I could still go through clearing without sending off an application this year, and would I still need to be in contact with my school if I decided to take a gap year(for teacher references etc)?
Yes, Clearing is an option, but it has a limited 'selection' of courses. ☹️

I wonder which subject you want to study at university? 😧

There are always places at QMUL, SOAS, City, Royal Holloway and Goldsmiths here in London, for a range of courses.

You could get a new reference from another Sixth Form centre, but ideally it would be better to keep your existing referee.

Otherwise, you would pay a few £££s for a new referee for your UCAS Reference as a Private Candidate.
You can but you’ll maximise your chances by submitting an application during the main cycle and then using clearing only if needs be.
Original post by Y12EC
My predicted grades are BCC but I know for a fact I definitely can do better than that after developing the habit of studying over the past month. I was wondering whether or not I could still go through clearing without sending off an application this year, and would I still need to be in contact with my school if I decided to take a gap year(for teacher references etc)?

Hi there,

You can find more information about how to apply here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/applying/ - you can also speak to a member of our Admissions team using this page.

Hopefully this is useful!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending